Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

pre-school High chair suggestions

I have a 5 year old with some core strength issues.

He has been using a booster at the table, but it makes him slouch back. The regular chair is still too short for him.

I have looked at several products on line that are adjustible and will grow with the child.

I am thinking of the Musty. Has anyone tried it or know of something else that is similar? I can't find a store to look at one. I love the Sweedish styled chairs, but I hate to spend so much when we are getting into the puchase at age 5. I wish I had bought one when they were babies! Suggestion? I would preffer to spend under $150, or less if possible. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: pre-school High chair suggestions

Just noticed Keekaroo and some IKEA junior chairs.... does anybody use any of these? does anyone know a good retailer for either Keekaroo or Mutsy high chairs? (good return policy etc...)

We have a Stokke Tripp Trapp and we love it! It is pricey but they will last forever and even older kids can use them. I like it because it pushes right up under the table like normal dining chairs. It is also super easy to clean as there aren't any nooks that food can get into like a lot of chairs have.

We bought it for my son who is now 3 but my 5 and 8 year old also love sitting on it.

Oh and you can't forget about resale. People always want Tripp Trapps used so you can make a good chunk of your money back when you are ready to sell it.

I second the Tripp Trapp. We LOVE it and like the pp mentioned, it grows with the child AND has incredible resale value. It's very well made and super easy to clean. I bought mine used (and still paid a fortune for it). If you want to try looking for used, ya gotta act quick because they fly off Craigslist!

thanks,

Do any of you know if one of the site sponsors have a good ordering and return policy for Stokke tripp trapp? Or of any retailer that does?

Resale is a good idea. I just sold my BOB dualie on Craigs list for a nice amount! I hadn't thought about that. I figured we would keep a "convertible chair" since it had a long usage, but resale and a regular chair in a few years might be a better investment!

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

I bought a chair like the tripp trapp from one step ahead - much cheaper and I've been very happy with it.

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by twinmommie View Post
    Just noticed Keekaroo and some IKEA junior chairs.... does anybody use any of these? does anyone know a good retailer for either Keekaroo or Mutsy high chairs? (good return policy etc...)
    Target used to have the Keekaroo. They carried it at our store for awhile but I have not noticed it recently. Maybe at Target.com?
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

we love our Stokke cahirs...have 2 and the kids (1 and 4) absolutely love them.

i stalk CL for another one for my 11 yo. we sit in them. they last forever.
    Rachel, mom to 5 boys, 22, 16, 8, 5 and 1.
    5 and 8 year olds in Britax Frontiers; baby in Britax Chaperone.