Horray!! BRU finally hired someone who knows something!!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was at BRU this evening and met their (new? I haven't met him before) assistant manager, a man named Keith. I was VERY impressed by Keith's knowledge of carseats and carseat safety!!!

I asked him if I could borrow a tape measure to measure the slots on the Apex. He gladly helped me do so but they started talking to me about the Regent and about the importance of extended harnessing. :cool: HORRAY!!! :cool: He was the *first* BRU employee I have met who actually knows his stuff!!! I was shocked to meet a person in purple who knew about carseats and vehicle safety!! :eek: It was a nice surprise, though.

He did tell me that that particular BRU would be getting the Regent in (finally!!), but that they don't know what the cover will look like. He was funny about the covers, though... he said that we can pretty much count on the cover being an ugly brown because all the recent Britaxes they have gotten have been an ugly brown. :) It was pretty funny!

ADS

Splash

Yeah, he'll be fired by next week probably. He'll be driving down purchases of the Eddie Bauer seats, and then BRU will go bankrupt.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
LOL!

It was funny. I was measuring the slots on the Apex and he said, "Honestly? If I were you, I would get a Regent. I don't like Cosco." You would have thought he had just made a Nobel Prize Speech. I began to look at him like he was a God. Wow... I am just not used to this!

southpawboston

i wonder if his knowledge, and in particular his recommendation of the regent, was in part due to parent demand from the youtube kyle video. he's probably been getting so many parents in there who've inquired about extended harnessing that he went back and did some homework. anyway, good for him...

mominabigtruck

That's good to hear. At the bru in dayton they have 3 younger guys that work there and are usually messing around, not helping people and one old lady that told me that in her day they didn't use booster seats. I just like going in there to check out what's new, I don't usually buy anything there but I feel bad for the new parents who go in there looking for a seat and advice and get those idiots.

remken

Thats awesome.

According to the website that tells wether someone is an actual tech or not (forgot the name) theres 2 techs at the babiesrus by my house.

I'm in Spokane by the way.

Tara

Wow...that *is* impressive..a BRU employee who KNOWs something. I didn't think that was possible ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC