Seats you wish would be manufactured again

christineka

I now have a britax bodyguard. I love the seat a whole lot. It has sip, accommodates a super tall torso (about 21.5 inches) and has the skinniest seat. I have the seat adjusted out for dd, but it still only takes up about 13.5 inches. It is awesome. I'm so sad that this seat will expire in a few years. I wish britax would bring it back.

Does anyone else desire old seats to be produced again?

ADS

TerisBoys

Fisher Price Stay-in-View infant seat

Britax Starriser/Comfy

Fisher Price Safe Embrace

Fisher Price Futura 20/60 - 5pt

ETA - Laptop!

emandbri

Fisher-Price Safe Embrace convertible, LOVE this seat! If I hadn't gotten into a crash mine would just now be expiring.

The stay in view is SOOOOOOO great for 3 in a row, someone needs to make something like it again. Ditto on the star riser.

cookie123

You all know my love of the FP convertible seat with the over head shield. Don't recall it's name. I loved that seat. There was nothing ever that was easier to buckle a kid into. Yes, it had a few issues, but I didn't know it at the time.

christineka

FYI I used to have a fisher price booster. The bodyguard is thinner:) I got rid of the fp booster because my dds had outgrown the seat with their 18 inch torsos. I hear the starriser was taller, but it still has almost no sip.

I've never seen the laptop in person, but it sounds like a great solution to the lap-only belts.

obamamama

I second the Stay in View and the Embrace, by FP. I had both of those and loved them.

I wish that Britax would offer the old leopard print seat cover I had on my dd's Roundabout. I would buy it in every seat possible.

Kat_Momof3

Britax Laptop, Britax Starriser Comfy, and/or Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster (and I don't care what name they want to call it or which brand they put it under... it could be under DOREL for all I care... for any of these)

now, after lap-only belts are TOTALLY phased out I wouldn't be AS upset about the laptop as I currently still am... but I still like it for the city folk, as it fits in a large stroller basket or is light enough to toss in a bag (they should have made one for it and a carry strap like Clek does for the Olli) and tote along with you and then use in a cab.

Heck, I've even figured out how it could be made latch-compatible!

And of course, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the bodyguard because I would have loved to have a booster with lockoffs... by the time I knew about it and wanted it, they had already moved on and there was no point... I needed something wider.

MoreLatte

Well, back in the day when my oldest DD(14) was a baby, I thought the FP T-shield convertible was the cream of the crop!! I loved the retractable harness. We had three of them!

I also had the FP safe embrace convertible and liked it ok, but wasn't in-love with it. That was at least 12 yrs ago, before I really knew much about safety features and focused mostly on style and convenience:eek: So I'm curious, what did everyone love about the safe embrace? I do remember that it had lock-offs, but not sure what else made it appealing.

soygurl

now, after lap-only belts are TOTALLY phased out I wouldn't be AS upset about the laptop as I currently still am... but I still like it for the city folk, as it fits in a large stroller basket or is light enough to toss in a bag (they should have made one for it and a carry strap like Clek does for the Olli) and tote along with you and then use in a cab.

Heck, I've even figured out how it could be made latch-compatible!
How? Have you told Britax? We want it back!

Well, back in the day when my oldest DD(14) was a baby, I thought the FP T-shield convertible was the cream of the crop!! I loved the retractable harness. We had three of them!
That's the type of seat I rode in as a kid. My parents LOVED it, but I was a car seat screamer so it wasn't used very long. :eek:

emandbri

I do remember that it had lock-offs, but not sure what else made it appealing.

It had metal lock offs which were very sturdy, much more then the plastic britax ones. It was easy to install, I actually can't think of a car it was hard to install in. It had awesome wide polyester straps. I'm too lazy to go downstairs to measure but I think they were around 2 1/2 inches wide. The harness slots were color coded so parents could get it right. 2 Blue for rear-facing and red for forward facing. It has nice wide sides much wider then anything out at the time and anything out now. I can totally see how it would protect better in a side impact crash,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC