Regent Sahara???

Michi

Our local baby shop ( the one I can't stand) just called me and said that they will have Regent's in Sahara the first week of February ( I asked them to call me when they get regents in) and in Onxy by the middle of February.

Is Sahara a plush cover? - The middle looks 'plasticky' is it.
Our MA is "Platinum" and while I don't hate it, it definitely isn't my favorite. Our ADV/RA is blue plush and I LOVE that cover. I REALLY want plush, but I don't know if I should just take the seat because they are here, they are new, and they have them in stock???

WWYD?

ADS

Splash

It's kind of like a microsuede outer and nylon inner. It's not plasticky at all though. It's soft, and nice, and I think very pretty. That's the one we have in our van and I am pleased with it. I like the Onyx too though. What color is the interior of your car? That would be the deciding factor for me!

Michi

The interior of our van is tan, but we have such a hodge/podge of car seat colors, that color doesn't really matter. I'm going more for 'texture'.
Hmmm....I can't decide! :confused:

Splash

Well, the inside of my Onyx Boulevard and the inside of the Sahara Regent are the same material, if that helps. So if the Onyx Regent is the same as the Onyx BV, then the texture on each seat will be the same (except for the furry black part...not velour, just fur... and the microsuede tan part, but the inners are the same).

Splash

Stop it! You're confusing me!
The Onyx is, yes. But Onyx means different things in different seats. I know the Onyx in my BV is nothing like the Onyx in a DC. Um, that's stupid.
The Sahara... gosh, I think so. It's been a month or so since I've had to mess with it, so I haven't felt it lately. I think windbreaker is the right term, maybe a hit less slippery. But now that I am thinking about it, that just doesn't seem right for some reason.
I'll check it when I get home and reply back, okay?

Lys

Senior Community Member
Our local baby shop ( the one I can't stand) just called me and said that they will have Regent's in Sahara the first week of February ( I asked them to call me when they get regents in) and in Onxy by the middle of February.

Is Sahara a plush cover? - The middle looks 'plasticky' is it.
Our MA is "Platinum" and while I don't hate it, it definitely isn't my favorite. Our ADV/RA is blue plush and I LOVE that cover. I REALLY want plush, but I don't know if I should just take the seat because they are here, they are new, and they have them in stock???

WWYD?

The Onyx and Sahara Regent both have the same center. They feel like a textured windbreaker.
At first, I could not stand it. I'm like you, I wanted all plush. But now, it's kinda grown on me. It's not anywhere near as hot and sweaty as the plush covers. We've had a pretty mild winter here with temps in the 70's and not once has Ian gotten sweaty in his Onyx regent.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Sigh....I just want a plush, girly Regent...Is that too much to ask for?
(Apparently!):rolleyes:

Can you wait till this summer? I've heard there will be some new covers ( including girly) coming out then for the Regent.

Michi

Yes, I can...I'm just impatient!;)
I think we're going to get new boosters for the older two first, and then get the Regent when the new ones come out.

Splash

Okay, it's the same as the Onyx in my car. Not slippery like a windbreaker, but it's a similar fabric.
It's also green, did you know that? It doesn't show well on the internet, just thought I'd throw it in there.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Personally, if possible, I would wait to get a Regent until you can't possibly wait any longer. Perhaps they will have a cover you like!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC