Will they fit? Toyota Camry

2BunniesMommy

MIL has a Camry,not sure of the model year, but between 2000 and 2005.

We are supposed to go out of town with her Thur, but our van just started having issues. We don't have the time or money to get it fixed before our trip, but I don't know is we will fit in her car.

We have a rf RA and ff MA. I am sure they will both install fine, but will there be any room for an adult to sit in the backseat also?

ADS

MomToEliEm

I have a 2001 Camry and I have sat between a forward facing roundabout and a regent, though it was a tight squeeze. I would guess if one of those seats was rearfacing, that would give you a little more elbow room so it should work. When I had two regents in my Camry though, I could not fit between them no matter how hard a squeezed.

2BunniesMommy

Thanks! So, do you think it would be best to put them both outboard and the adult that draws the short straw in the center, or do you think it would be possible to put the seats next to each other so the adult does not have to squeeze into the middle?

MomToEliEm

Thanks! So, do you think it would be best to put them both outboard and the adult that draws the short straw in the center, or do you think it would be possible to put the seats next to each other so the adult does not have to squeeze into the middle?

What I would try first is to put them next to each other with the rearfacing seat in the middle. This should leave the most shoulder room for the adult riding in the back.

tiggercat

I have an 03 Camry and have sat between two FF MAs without any trouble. It wasn't wonderfully comfortable, but it worked. Using seatbelts to install will allow you to nudge them towards the sides and give you a few extra inches in the middle. With an RA and an MA you might be able to install them side by side. There wasn't quite enough room for me to install the two MAs like that, but it was close with one RF and one FF.

ETA, if the adult is tall they might not have enough head support in the middle. I am 5'2 and I was probably iffy on head support.

Stresch

I had a 97 Camry, and could fit a forward facing Marathon in the center and a rearfacing Marathon outboard. My sig picture is a MA center and RA outboard.

2BunniesMommy

Thanks so much!!! I am glad to know it will work. I was thinking of what would cost more, buying a couple radians or renting a van for the trip...FYI,the Radians, but not by much, LOL. I am so glad we will be able to make the trip without spending any extra money, actually it will be less because the Camry will take less gas!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC