Question help me decide!

go4hockeychick

My daughter and I were rear ended about 2 weeks ago. My car is totaled, so we obviously need a new seat. I had a true fit before, and I really liked it. But now that we get to get a new seat, I'm wondering what I should get. I'm looking at another true fit, the radian 80 (or XT) or a britax boulevard or advocate. We have a scenera that had been in my husband's car that we're using now.
I just bought an 07 Prius, and my dd is 29" and 19 lbs at 15 months...

help?!

also, on another topic...does anyone have any tricks for avoiding the seat-tilt phenomenon when doing a center seat belt install? Every time I install the scenera in my husband's Jetta, it tilts some from the force of the shoulder belt. I'd prefer her to stay in the center, but I can't get a tight and flat install.

ADS

Valentine

A little bit of tilt is still safe, but you don't want her tipping so far that the base is up off the seat. The Scenera is lightweight so it tends to get lifted by the seatbelt retractor. Try focusing more pressure on the opposite side of the tilting, when you push down on the carseat during install. If the tipping gets worse over time, you'll probably need to use a locking clip to stop the shoulder belt from pulling. Here's a page about locking clips.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd look at the True Fit/True Fit Premier, Radian XTSL, or the Safety 1st Complete Air. Those are my top three. They have high rear facing weight limits (35-45 pounds), nice forward facing limits (50-80 pounds), and 17.5" top slots. Your daughter is light enough that you won't have to worry about weight limits, probably.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC