XT or XTSL

• XT for $180

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • XTSL for $215

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

Lemonade

What would you choose and why?

I don't need the full 45 pounds so that doesn't matter to me. My kids just aren't that big and I'll turn the baby when she's between 2 and 3.

I like the SL but it will be a while before that matters (DS is 31 pounds and DD is 24).

Thanks for any help!!!!
Catherine
DS 12/05 FF
DD 6/08 RF

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

After playing around with both, I would say the XT SL. It was easier to install in my vehicle and the LATCH adjuster is nicer, smoother.

ceruti82

What would you choose and why?

I don't need the full 45 pounds so that doesn't matter to me. My kids just aren't that big and I'll turn the baby when she's between 2 and 3.

I like the SL but it will be a while before that matters (DS is 31 pounds and DD is 24).

Thanks for any help!!!!
Catherine
DS 12/05 FF
DD 6/08 RF

My opinion- well, I ordered the xtsl on sale as well.. How I decided on the 40lb xt or the 45 lb xtsl??? I went for the color I liked best-flora :). My dd is a little peanut, so I don't see her being 45 lbs for quite a while, and I plan to rf till 3, then at 3 let her FF if she wants, or stay RF if she wants to.. Also, I like the SL part of it- just because I like LATCH installs personally. And since I never have to use a seatbelt with that seat (of course as long as it's in a position that is LATCHable) , that's a bonus ;)

So I'd say, if the difference in price is no issue on ur wallet, go for the XTSL! (and besides, I think that things like carseats are ok to spend the extra $ on for bells and whistles) if your LO is gonna use it for a few years, and u went the cheaper route to save $40, ur gonna be wishing u spent the extra money Down the road.. But that could just be how I justify it in my mind :whistle:

tweetykl

Where did you find it for $215 because I will call diaper.com and get a refund.

I love the XTSL. We have had it for almost a week and my daughter sleeps really well in it.

Katy

Also wanting to see where you got that deal? I need to order 2 seats ASAP and have been looking for a deal like that.

Lemonade

It's through diapers.com. I'll post details after I actually order. I've talked to them about it so it should work.

My problem is l like the XT covers better (would get a pink and a gray) but want the SL feature I think. Not sure whether to get a flora or Petal for DD and would probably get Bentley for DS.

Pixels

Well, since RF weight limit doesn't really matter to you, the only differences are covers, SL (LATCH up to 80 pounds in a 9/1/05 or newer vehicle), and resale value. Have you tried seatbelt installs in your current vehicle(s)? How likely is it that you will get a new vehicle before you are done using the Radian? Have you tried seatbelt installs in any other vehicles you can get a hold of?

If you're pretty comfortable doing seatbelt installs, the SL might be a convenience (easier) but it's not really necessary, which leaves you with covers and resale. If you aren't comfortable doing seatbelt installs, and your vehicle(s) is new enough to use it, then the SL becomes more important.

Lemonade

OK, they have been ordered! I went the SLs - good point from one of the responders about resale. Got a pink and a tan. They are for DH's forester. Hoping he can give someone a ride in the back seat without having to uninstall a seat since they should fit next to eachother. It's a 2003 but by the time the kids are over 40 pounds he might have a new car. I know I'll have to use a seatbelt for the one in the middle but that's life. I also and getting these for air travel and for use in my parents car. They have latch in the middle and on one side. We visit them for extended periods of time and they often drive so I take extra seats with me and these will take up less space in the back of my van for transport.

So, the part you've been waiting for:
I price matched on diapers.com through Babyviva which has the 20% off. Then, they gave me an additional 10 percent for being a new customer. The lady I spoke to last night said this was OK. When I went to do the price match this morning the other lady said no but did it since the first lady said it was OK. I had to get a $6.99 pack of diapers so really I guess it was closer to $220 each. I had to ship them to my parents' house in VA to avoid paying taxes because I am in PA, where they have a physical location. My parents will just bring them when they come for Thanksgiving. I won't get to realize the joy of overnight shipping:( The tax issue is why I haven't ordered from them before.

TiaxMarie

OK, they have been ordered! I went the SLs - good point from one of the responders about resale. Got a pink and a tan. They are for DH's forester. Hoping he can give someone a ride in the back seat without having to uninstall a seat since they should fit next to eachother. It's a 2003 but by the time the kids are over 40 pounds he might have a new car. I know I'll have to use a seatbelt for the one in the middle but that's life. I also and getting these for air travel and for use in my parents car. They have latch in the middle and on one side. We visit them for extended periods of time and they often drive so I take extra seats with me and these will take up less space in the back of my van for transport.

So, the part you've been waiting for:
I price matched on diapers.com through Babyviva which has the 20% off. Then, they gave me an additional 10 percent for being a new customer. The lady I spoke to last night said this was OK. When I went to do the price match this morning the other lady said no but did it since the first lady said it was OK. I had to get a $6.99 pack of diapers so really I guess it was closer to $220 each. I had to ship them to my parents' house in VA to avoid paying taxes because I am in PA, where they have a physical location. My parents will just bring them when they come for Thanksgiving. I won't get to realize the joy of overnight shipping:( The tax issue is why I haven't ordered from them before.

Where did you see 20% off a babyviva? I'm only seeing a 10% off coupon, and they are $299.

Lemonade

If you go to the main page and click on Sunshine Kids on the left side it will take you to all the SK products. It's at the top of this page. It's SUN20.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC