Where are these ERF'ers coming from!?

monstah

I was parking at Mercer County Park the other day (the marina playground - speak up if it was you) and I spot to my right a girl, about 2, still RFing in a cow moo MA. :eek: For a split second, I thought I was having an out of body experience and was looking at my own DD. :p
And, last night checking out at JCPenney, the cashier and I started chatting it up and she seemed very knowledgeable about baby gear. Even mentioning that her own DD was still in her KF30 (she even pronounced it key-co :love:) at almost 2! Too bad it took a few hours for the light bulb to go off. I didn't realize she told me her DD was still RFing at almost 2 until I was home. LOL. :eek: I'm bummed I didn't tell her my 25 month old was still RFing too. :doh:

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

I was parking at Mercer County Park the other day (the marina playground - speak up if it was you) and I spot to my right a girl, about 2, still RFing in a cow moo MA. :eek: For a split second, I thought I was having an out of body experience and was looking at my own DD. :p
And, last night checking out at JCPenney, the cashier and I started chatting it up and she seemed very knowledgeable about baby gear. Even mentioning that her own DD was still in her KF30 (she even pronounced it key-co :love:) at almost 2! Too bad it took a few hours for the light bulb to go off. I didn't realize she told me her DD was still RFing at almost 2 until I was home. LOL. :eek: I'm bummed I didn't tell her my 25 month old was still RFing too. :doh:

They are everywhere!!! Yesterday at Kroger's (Grocery store), I was putting Madeline into her seat and a lady came up behind me (scared me also) and started telling me her 2 year old was RF'ing and wanted to see what type of seat I had and was asking how old Madeline was, etc....then the TFP caught her eye (my DS's seat) and she went and checked it out as well. She said she had a Blvd. but was looking for another seat....

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I'm glad the idea of ERF seems to be spreading a little. There's a mom at my daughter's pre-school who has her 2 year old rear-facing. I get ridiculously happy when I see their van in the parking lot! :eek:

mommy2jasmine

I saw one at the zoo in July. None since, or before, but I can say that I know 10 or so kids (of friends of mine) that are ERFing, and I have a couple more friends who are kid-less, and are spreading the word to their family :)

Last edited:

monstah

Sorry. I keep reading the title of the thread I started and keep reading "Where are these M-F'errrr, nevermind. :p

Mommy2Marcus

I am also starting to see a few as well as hearing about people already knowing about ERF. I have talked to a few people & they were like, OH yeah I know about it & plan to keep him/her RF for a long time or to at least 2. My ped knows about it. I think it is b/c I shared it with her, but she was VERY impressed that Marcus was still RF. So I think some may be coming from my ped.

L

LuciaBella

It's really funny, but here in Seattle where everyone is all safe and cautious about the environment, they don't give a monkey's A** about car safety. It's crazy! Parking at Seattle U today I just *noticed* (actually I walked very stalkishly beside the car to see if I could see anything wrong...lol) a few bad car seat installs. Mainly its the center LATCH use here. Secondly its the not attaching the top tether with latch thing. In one car, I saw an expired Wizard and a graco turbo booster without the screws. In the car next to it, I saw a BLVD center in a toyota yaris with LATCH. grrrrrr...some people! I felt like leaving notes

2BunniesMommy

Who cares where they are coming from....just be glad they are!!!!

I have a friend with a DS one month older than my DD2 and she still has him in his SS1. His next seat is a CS, so she won't be keeping him rfing as long as I have encouraged her too, but she is doing better. When we had our DD1s, also a month apart I talked up how I was keeping DD1 rearfacing because it was so much safer but couldn't get her to hear me on it and turned hers right around. Then maybe a year or so ago she finally got it and passed on a rfing video to another friend who's DS was about to turn 1. I am happy to say at 24months he is still rearfacing and this momma plans to keep him that was as long as possible! Yea! Too bad these are the only ERFing babies I know of though.

NannyMom

I still haven't seen any (except those I help at a seat check, and I don;t see afterwards). :( But I am hearing that people are at least ERF until 2yrs! Maybe soon 2yrs will be RF and beyond 2 will be ERF ;)

swtgi1982

I approached a receptive mother at DD preschool (since I knew her younger one was soon to be turning one) to share the info with her. She was excited to see I knew about it too. She said her three yr old had just turned like a few months ago due to weight limits on their convertible, and that her and her husband were currently shopping for a new set for their 9months old DS. She said that her DH learn about it in his police training. She also could not figure out why more people were not in the know. We were both ecstatic to meet someone else who felt the same way about car seats! She then proceeded to look at my new complete air seat.

Kat_Momof3

I think that the ERF word is spreading... slowly... and the AAP FINALLY changing the age they say minimum ff should be to age 2 helps... now if only all seats would say that.

L

LuciaBella

Just nosey, but how can you tell it's expired? Mine still has around a year left, and I know there are some newer out there...

haha because I was super nosey and I saw the Britax sticker on the side. DOM was 1/13/03. I know there are some Wizards out there that aren't expired but this one def was.
What I wanted to know is why the sticker was on the side of the shell. For older ones, they are usually under the cover on the front, but oh well.

tweetykl

I don't usually see kids ERF around here (Tacoma). None of my friends are ERF either, including the one with a 17lb. 12 month old (or she is debating turning around because it is "easier") or the neighbor who has a child my dd's age and just started sitting up because of developmental delays.

L

LuciaBella

I don't usually see kids ERF around here (Tacoma). None of my friends are ERF either, including the one with a 17lb. 12 month old (or she is debating turning around because it is "easier") or the neighbor who has a child my dd's age and just started sitting up because of developmental delays.

Wow, so the head support must not be great for your friend's child? I wonder how she's doing being upright and FF!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC