Safeguard Folks ROCK!!!

capeKO71

OK - so I posted this on the babycenter car safety board too - so if it's a duplicate for you - I apologize.

I was in an accident - 2 britax, 1 safeguard go. Well - after battling the insurance co for the last month, I finally got coverage at 100% from the other driver's insurance company - including covering all 3 of my seats. Well - when I called Safeguard to get their official statement on accidents - she said - "why don't you send it back to us for our accident replacement policy?" - I was like "WHAT??" - I figured it was like britax's program - but NO - it's basically - if you're NOT deamed a "minor" accident per the 5 NHTSA questions - then they replace it! All you need is the accident report! How COOL is that???? They rock!

I gave her some feedback that she really needs to advertise this policy. The cost of the safeguard might just be worth it to NEVER have to fight w/ an insurance co. about replacing your seats! (although I sort of did want to stick it to the insurance co. for messing with me for a month and a half...)

just wanted to pass it on - I LOVE good customer service.

ADS

southpawboston

that's a great policy! but it may also benefit the company as well. this way they can perform a battery of tests on the seat to see if there are any discovered problems from "real life" accidents. i don't know if they actually do that, but their exchange program would allow them to...

Dillipop

Did you talk to Julie? I have had great service everytime I've called her. I have the original safeguard and had to send it back for a broken piece. When quality control was taking too long (3 weeks) she authorized a seat to be sent to me. It should be here next week!

I agree other companies should follow in safeguards footsteps. They have a full 7 year (lifetime of the seat) warranty on defects on most parts. The only parts not covered are harness straps and cover, which have 1 year warranties. THe warranty, combined with the accident replacement program really make it worth the price, huh?

Quick question for you...what is the harness height on your go?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC