Question Spam me! DVD players for in car..2 screens.

Mama!

I need to buy a 2 screen portable DVD set soon. We're leaving in 9 days for a long trip.

I really need to have it in hand before that Tues, and I want a good way to put them on the back of the headrest in front of them.

TY!

ADS

steph_s

I have the kind that velcro's and has a safety strap. The safety strap is rather short and is a chore to get on my head rests, but it does work. I took my velcro off my straps and put sewed some heavy duty velcro on them. They don't budge at all and if they do happen to come un-done I still have the safety strap.

My biggest problem was getting the base to the dvd player secured not the screens! The base to mine I have is put in a child's size backpack and then attached to my center console with 2 bungie cords so it doesn't go flying. It is a pain in the rear to change dvd's, but it does keep it secure and isn't a projectile.

celtic1885

I got Magnavox dual screen dvds for my car. Everything is self contained. The dvd inserts behind one of the screens - wires connect the other screen. Came with velcro straps to attach to car. works great, even with both kiddos playing footsies with them.

TyAndCheyMommy

ours is an audiovox that we got at target. it has gone through three 25-30 hour round trips and works fantastic!! you can have both screens watch the same dvd or each its own which is a great feature. the link says it isnt available in stores, but we got our in store and it was on sale.

http://www.target.com/Audiovox-Twin...mbrowse=0&index=target&rh=k:mobile dvd&page=1

We have this same one! My only issue is that you have to make sure and set it all up before you leave, because there is no way to do anything to it while you are driving. And our remotes are complicated.
I actually would prefer the kind that has the dvd part seperate because then I could push play or insert the DVD from the front seat.
We have used ours on at least 20 trips of 10 hours or more... Also, if your child can reach the seat I would get one with buttons on the side or top so the child cannot press buttons.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
When i was looking into it, it actually seemed like getting 2 individual players tends to be cheaper than getting a good dual-screen. But, then we found a great deal on a dual screen and got one. It's a magnavox, and usually almost $200, but we got ours refurbished for $99.
Target has one on sale for agreat price on BF, but you need your bfore then, lol.

Things to look at are how is it powered? Our first one coudl ONLY be played in the car, as it had no house adapter, which was lame. The new one we have has an internal battery for wireless play, car adapter and house adapter, so it's awesome. The screens are decent resolution and it plays without skipping. It also keeps playing if you turn the car off. Some don't, and some make you restart the entire DVD each time you stop ( like for gas) whereas others let you "pause" it where you are, and then resume after you turn the car back on. Nothing like having to stop for gas in the middle of a movie and then having to re-start it. Also, checks reviews for volumje..some units seem to have issues with being very soft so youcan barely hear...our main unit is actually a little soft, but the second screen is loud, so together, they balance.

Outs has harness style buckles onto the headrests, which seems pretty secure. I'm not sure i woudl trust velcro, but a zip tie would take care of any issues.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Mommy0608

We're considering getting one for our drive from MI to OK in April... where are you finding the BF price at Target? If you don't want to post it, can someone PM me please? I'd appreciate it, thanks! :)

So if they don't have a remote, you have to stop and get out to turn it on/off or pause it? That's kind of a hassle, isn't it? Hmm. I haven't started looking yet since we have a lot of time before the trip, but saw this thread so now it's on my mind.

ETA: Found it, I dug around. Thanks. :)

BigDaddy

I looked for a link to ours, but it looks like they don't sell them anymore. I wonder why? We've only had to exchange them 3 times in the last 1.5 years. :rolleyes:
I do like them though. The are Venturer twin 8" DVD players. Each has a remote and can play it's own DVD, you can play the same DVD on both, you can use them as just an LCD and feed them from another player, or you can connect multiple LCD screens to each player.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC