Adjusting wings on XT

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Is there an easier way that I'm missing???? I fight that stupid thing when I have to adjust it. I needed to put it all the way up today for DFS's 7yr old sister who is visiting...and I couldn't adjust it without putting my foot in the seat to hold it down while I fought raising it. As it is...the top slots were only marginally accessible. Am I doing something wrong?

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oh yeah, everything was undone. It is a bear to adjust. And I'm not even sure I got it all the way up since I could barely see the top slot to get the harness through.

MOM25BOYS

Are you on FB KaysKids?? SK posted a video on how to adjust the wings and I am sooo glad they did! :thumbsup: It is actually easier than you think.. it's just all in where you push them. Here is the video on FB if you can get on there, but if not you need to unhook all the velcro from around the head wings and simply push up at the base of the wings... not the sides. It really does move easier that way.;)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=1257106383763

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Hmmm....I wonder if mine is defective. Cause there is no way in heck I could do that. I'll try again tomorrow though. Thanks for the link.

Blondie87

I found to get it ALL the way up, I had to look at the back of the seat and find the part where the headwings hook in and then push those up with my fingers.

aisraeltax

Are you on FB KaysKids?? SK posted a video on how to adjust the wings and I am sooo glad they did! :thumbsup: It is actually easier than you think.. it's just all in where you push them. Here is the video on FB if you can get on there, but if not you need to unhook all the velcro from around the head wings and simply push up at the base of the wings... not the sides. It really does move easier that way.;)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=1257106383763

if you were near me i would give you a big hug!! (if you were ok w that) lol

thank yyou!!!!!!

L

LuciaBella

Mine get a little sticky sometimes, so be sure to push up, not in. I thought there was some mechanism that locked it into place and you had to push in then up, but no...lol just up.

mommy2jasmine

Not sure if you got your answer, but if you push up, or push down, at the part closest to the shell, that will help, instead of grabbing the wings themselves. There are just little itty bitty grooves back there, and I find that the closer I get to them when pushing the headrest up and down, the easier it is. It might help to get back there and look at how it works, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC