Another adventure in German car seats coming soon.....

mykidsmylife

Cybex, laptop, MCP, Romer King..... pics heavy

I wish I had a better camera and more hands. It was hard to do this while keeping up with the kids and being eyed down by the employees. LOL.

I measured the Cybex and got 19" from the butt to the belt guide. I got 11" across the butt/hip area and 13.5" across at the widest point of the base.

DSCF2632.jpg

DSCF2633.jpg

Here is my 49" 50lbs 7 yr old in it. I will re-check his torso later.

DSCF2637.jpg

His shoulder in comparison to the highest position

DSCF2638.jpg

Now Seth sat in Romer King again. Goes to 39.5 lbs and starts at 20lbs and 9m.

DSCF2641.jpg

DSCF2640.jpg

Seth in the Concord Lift

DSCF2642.jpg

River in a Maxi Cosi Prori. :D

DSCF2650.jpg

As I was walking I spotted this out of the corner of my eye... If it wasn't 70 Euro I would have gotten it.

DSCF2643.jpg

DSCF2644.jpg

DSCF2645.jpg

working on re-sizing

Last edited:
ADS

mykidsmylife

I think 19 inches is disappointing for an excessively expensive booster.

I agree... I was shocked when I measured that. The Romer boosters are 20".
But there is still plenty of room for my 7 yr old. But he also has a pretty short torso and can still fit in a Nautilus.

InternationalMama

Thanks for the pics. I saw the Vario last time I was over there and wondered at what age it would start fitting well. It looks good for your eldest. Do they still make it? It's not on the Britax site anymore. I love that it works with a lap belt only.

Kat_Momof3

that cybex booster seems short... and I hate that body support being where it is... makes me think of that crash test...

I LOVE that concord booster... so much deep side protection

and how I MISS our old laptop... I wish that we still had one for dh's car or for doing 3-across the back bench of my car (Ruthie is a long-torso'd skinny minny... she'd fit in the laptop WAY longer than the Nauti and if ours hadn't been due to expire, I wouldn't have ever gotten rid of it and it would probably be becoming her main seat.

I know they won't ever bring it to the US again because it "can't take latch" but I at least wish the concord booster would come to us.

and now I'm REALLY lusting for it after I searched for it online and found this info - http://www.lilimay.com/car-seats/concord/transformer-car-seat.php - I converted the currency and it would not cost much more than the Oobr...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC