Positives and negatives of the steel alloy frame of the RN

JerseyGirl'sMama

Help me convince DH to get the Radian XT SL over another Signo. Ok, I guess I need to re-phrase that. Help me by telling me all about the steel alloy frame, DH is not really going for all the other arguments I have thrown at him.

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

I give mine info overload and he just nods his head and smiles (kinda like I do when he gets way to in depth with TXDoT stuff....)

IDK when I told my DH that the RN's had a Steel Alloy Frame, he perked up....

DahliaRW

There is the article somewhere about how it was a radian that held up when the whole car collapsed in. That's pretty compelling.

The only con, IMO, of the steel itself, is that it's heavy.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
That you can test drive the seat, before you buy? cough

I just like that it is a strong seat, that can withstand a lot.

WhatAboutPuppy

Does he want to see DSS2 sit in the Recaro?? lol Your DS has a completely different make up than DD. He's not going to be comfortable in the long run (which isn't really that long of a run at how fast he's growing compared to DD). The Recaro is perfect for DD but I don't think he'll be comfortable for long.

Ok, I'm rambling. But, he'll be ok with the Recaro when it gets squishy, DSS2 does fine in the BLVD, but man there is sooo much more room for him in the XT.

Does he not care about your safety and comfort in the back seat? lol Maybe work that angle a little more... how you get in out of the rain to BF and how you like riding with them.

hmm...

romanoma

narrow so you can sit back there.

Do you ever fly? Great for travel, makes sitting next to a car seat on a plane very comfortable.

SHow him that pic of the radian still intact in the crushed car. AMAZING!

more leg room for his comfort.

3 crotch buckle positions to give his very precious jewels lots of growing room :whistle: ;) (well, your DSH is a man after all) :rolleyes:

hopefully the only convertible your DS will need, both RF and FF unless he is very long torsoed at a young age. I think these are the best value for the money.

He can always use your DDs signo at first if he just likes the idea of DS in the recaro ( you know, race car seat and all) and DD can use the radian until it's time to switch.

I'll think of more...

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Why does he NOT want the Radian? And what are his reasons for wanting another Recaro? That will help us with some good points to make...I consider myself a professional when it comes to getting my way with men. ;)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would focus on the leg room. The radian has A LOT more leg room compared with the signo.

In her car, the outboard positions have curved backs, the the signo works. The seat will be going in the center though, so the radian would be good!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Why does he NOT want the Radian? And what are his reasons for wanting another Recaro? That will help us with some good points to make...I consider myself a professional when it comes to getting my way with men. ;)

Because he likes race cars! :)

JerseyGirl'sMama

Dang, you guys are funny. :D

Yes, he likes the name 'Recaro' and likes the way the seat looks. He likes how easy it is to use, and how it has the big deep side wings.

I have tried to tell him that I don't think DS will be comfortable for more than 2 years in the Signo, but we won't really see that until that day comes. I showed him the pics of DS in the XT SL, and explained to him how much room he will have, and how much I will have, and how we all be a happy family (;)) etc. but he wants to see them both (the Signo and the XT SL) in our car. Segal's doesn't yet have the XT SL, but I think we are going to go down to try out the G2. If I can't even get that in the center position, he will have no other choice but the RN.

I will try to dig up that thread with the pic of the crushed car and the intact RN, but if someone has it and wants to share, I would be so appreciative.

And Judi, I would LOVE to test drive yours, just let me know when. :love:

babygirlsmom1005

Here is my daughter (3 1/2 in a FF'ing Recaro Como - same seat - 33 lbs 39 inches tall). She never complained and had plenty of height room left, but to me, she looked squished in

IMG_4891.jpg

Here she is at 3 (31 lbs 37-38 inches tall)

IMG_4546.jpg

Here she is at 4 (well these were taken today - 35 lbs, 40 1/2 inches tall) in a RNXT RF'ing

IMG_5772.jpg

AtTheSouthDam

My DH loved the back pack and shoulder strap features and was amazed enough to tell his friends about this wonderful folding seat. He shows it off and he's never really been that interested in car seats. That is my hobby.

babygirlsmom1005

If you need some comparison pics, LMK, I have both the Recaro Como & RNXT here and can do them if you would like for your DH and even with kids if they are willing (which I think my DD is, she loves getting her pic taken)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
We will see when whataboutpuppy will be down here next and send it up with her. Tomorrow, it will be at a car seat play date in Tillamook!

Morganthe

Here is my daughter (3 1/2 in a FF'ing Recaro Como - same seat - 33 lbs 39 inches tall). She never complained and had plenty of height room left, but to me, she looked squished in

Here she is at 3 (31 lbs 37-38 inches tall)

IMG_4546.jpg

Here she is at 4 (well these were taken today - 35 lbs, 40 1/2 inches tall) in a RNXT RF'ing

IMG_5772.jpg

THESE photos are what I'd put in front of your dh. My dd would have never tolerated the tipped & reclined seat after about 18 months. Radian has a much longer straighter back than in the Recaro. It's as if the Recaro was built for the curvy unsupportive baby body.

DD has a history of reflux and it would make her car sick to be in such a leaned curve unless she was sleeping. Being up on that base also didn't help with vehicular motion. She started using the Radian at three years old. It really made her more comfortable -- plus helped my back out because she could get into the darned thing without assistance. :thumbsup:

Then there's that poofy Princess Leia headrest. DD would have those things so ripped out of there.

She would have easily outgrown the Recaro a year ago, but she lasted in the Radian 65 until this past August. She's at the tall range for her height, but at age 6, she could go into a booster full time with not much worries on my part.

The steel frame really didn't play that much a part of purchasing the Radian. But it is much more solid when I toted it around the airport. The other seats -- except frontier & regent, seem so much more flimsy, breakable.

good luck :)

romanoma

So do I read your post right, are you trying to fit two RF signo's side by side? Unless you have a gigantic car, I don't see that happening, so your worries are over. If your hubby is in agreement that they need to sit next to each other, you are golden.

Would he agree to get DD a radian and give the signo you have to DS? Your DD would likely be more comfy in a radian at this point. And then DH can still have his little man in his race car seat, and you all win :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC