Really surprised he fits! When did your kids outgrow the MA

mommyof3tx

I hope this is the right place? I'm not really needing advice...just curious. I sat my 4 1/2yr old (43in) in my younger sons RF MA tonight just to see how he would fit height wise...he's 36lbs so too heavy anyways. But he had about 2in of shell above his head! I was really surprised...he's pretty tall for his age...I really didn't expect him to fit

How old were your kids when they outgrew it for height RF?

ADS

mommyof3tx

Next time I take it out for some reason I'm going to have my 6 1/2yr old sit in it FF and see how he fits lol. I'm still shocked that at 4 1/2 Casen could seat RF...never expected it lol

DahliaRW

My 2yo is on the verge of being too tall. He might have a half inch, not sure, but he's so close to the weight limit we turned him in ds's car. I'm not sure on ds1, but he outgrew it completely around his 4th birthday.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My foster sons' sister is 6.5yrs and 45lbs and is borrowing his DC for the weekend while she visits. She has 1" of torso room left. :)

Kat_Momof3

I don't know, either... my daughter was almost outgrowing it for shoulder height ff before her head would have gone over that shell.

romanoma

I took seats out today to clean the car, and tried DS in DDs blvd and he still fit. Granted, it's not installed, but I couldn't believe he had room, I think 2 inches over his head, so still fit for RF. His stats in my siggy are current, so he's at the weight limit.

thepote

My DS3 is 3y6m, 31lbs, and has a LOT of room over his head (he's RF). Leg room, not so much. We just moved the EFTA out there, and he looks much more comfy. He didn't compain in the MA, though.

My DS2 will be 6 next month, 45lbs and is exactly even with the top slots FF in our living room, and installed he is a bit too much over for me to be comfortable with. The shoulder room is tight, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC