OK the new GN is going back to Target!

So as some of you may know I bought a GN for my 25 month old son a couple days ago. I dont really like the install much it just didnt seem to mesh right with my 99' Dodge Caravan.
So off to Target it goes. AND I have decided to RF him again. Yes I am! I hope he goes for it so to speak since he loves being FF and watching the DVD play.
I just feel deep down in my little heart him being RF now is better off for him. I dont want to get in some wreck and he be injured or even killed because he "liked" watching DVD's and riding FF.
So what seat would you'all reccomend?

ADS

Maedze

I'm really, really glad you changed your mind. Being a parent can be tough :)

The Graco My Ride is a nice seat and well within your budget limitations.

What a great mommy!

I believe the Graco MyRide is a great choice for your son. I think I saw your other thread yesterday and if I remember correctly you wanted to keep below $200 or so. (Maybe that was someone else but I thought it may have been you)

I'm not a pro but from what I have heard/read on here it is a great choice and a great price. I haven't used it yet but I've seen it and it is super comfy looking and seems to be very well made.

I believe you can buy the MyRide 65 at any Target, Babies R Us and they are available at my Wal Mart here in Orlando, FL but I'm not 100% sure if all Wal Mart's will have it.

Good luck! I'm sure other's on here will have an input also as to where to findthe seat for the best price etc.

firemomof3

Ya, so glad to hear that your turning him back rf! I would also recommend the Graco MyRide, I love that seat! Its very user-friendly, easy to install and he'll be comfy :D

jujumum

The Bartlett GN at Target is really, really nice, and the Edgemont dots one at Walmart is nice too, with more durable looking fabric. The My Ride is an awesome seat - high sides, easy to install, and kids love the cup holders. Here is my son in a girly MR (not his seat - the harness was set for his older dd).

picture.php

The Radians are great if you can get a proper install angle in your vehicle (I can't). Heavy duty (literally - heavy steal inside) and have a rf tether.

True fits are really popular with their mega height & leg room & lots of EPS foam and high sides.

The Britax convertibles have less leg room than all of the above, but have a rf tether.

Congrats on joining the ERF club!:D

Okie dokie, thats for the input this far. I know I like the roomy-ness of the true fit but I dont really like the "looks" of the seat, kind of skeletal if you will. Not feeling it but I love the room!

Anyone know or can post pics of the leg room in the my ride? Also I know the cover on that thing was such a PITA for coming off! Any suggestions of which cover maybe is better than others?

I just dont want to keep going back and forth, returning and all that crap!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Babies R Us covers were the only ones I heard of having coming off issues. The ones I've seen at Baby Depot (GREEN! :love: ) and Target all seem to stay on just fine. :thumbsup:

Oh, and if you can't fit it behind the driver's seat, try behind the passenger's. I found I had room for a RF Radian there with a decent amount of legroom, but couldn't even fit the Complete Air RF behind the driver-- they seem to have waaay different amounts of space for some reason. :shrug-shoulders:

Spam

Here's a pic of Austy in the MR at 12 months and the tfp at 15 months

aust10092009-10-08_1.jpg
austinMR2009-05-31.jpg

And this is my nephew at 23 months in the MR and it was installed in 01 t&c
austinMR2009-06-01.jpg

babygirlsmom1005

I would love to see or have a link to see pics of kiddos in the true fit and my rides if anyone has them?

OK here is my DD (3 1/2 at the time) in both the MR65 and TFP

(not harness in the seat, just sat in it to show how much room she had left - also the infant padding was in it, so even more room when it is pulled out)
IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

Strapped in with the infant insert in, more room with the pad pulled out
TFP6-2.jpg

TFP5-1.jpg

Clearly the TFP has more height room than the My Ride....my DD outgrew the TFP by weight by hitting 35 lbs.....I haven't tried her in my friends My Ride latley to see where she would be on it....maybe next week if I can remember after I drop off a seat to her.

Last edited:

CrabbyBunchX3

I would also recommend the My Ride.
I have attached a pic of my DD2 in hers. She loves the seat and has plenty of room and I LOVE the deep sides!
This seat is installed in a 2000 grand caravan

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

I'm surprised you didnt' like the install... I have a caravan (05, though) and loved the install of the Nautilus

BUT... back to the issue at hand... I'd recommend the Myride because it is in your budget and rf's to 40lbs... and then get a nice mirror for the dvd-watching or get one where you can attach the screen to the headrest of the vehicle seat where he's at (just have to have a long enough cord) and you'll be set

Mom2FiveGirls

Here is my DD (27.5 months old in the pic) in the MR. I haven't had any problems at all with the cover coming off. I love it! So does she...especially the cup holders (or toy holders...lol).

P1030145.jpg

P1030146.jpg

And here is my 4 year old (she turned 4 September 11 and the picture was taken about a month ago) in the same seat.
P1030140.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC