Who bought the safety 1st transit tandem stroller?

mominabigtruck

I just wanted to ask you some questions and see your pictures again. Stupid me they had them at target when I was there yesterday with both kids and I didn't think to try it out:rolleyes: I was wondering how small it folded and what a bid kid fit like in the back seat?

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
i do, if you click on this link in my siggy, then you can click on the left hand side, click on stroller, it's pics there...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
i have put allie in the back, and abby in the front, it's THE MOST ideal... the back could work for an older child with shorter legs, but abby is all legs and there is a picutre of the small space the child in the back has to put their feed/legs. the front is ok for a leggy child IF they want to sit cross legged, w/ the leg bar up, the foot rest for the front seat is a little to high for her...

It pushes very easily, my 6 y/o was pushing around both girls (weights below) the house for a while the day we got it. I haven't used it at the malls or anything yet, maybe this weekend...

mominabigtruck

Does it fold really small like an umbrella stroller? I have a quattro tour now and my 3.4yo always wants to ride so that's why I'm looking at this just so he has the option of riding but then I don't want a big double stroller taking up my trunk.

SPJ&E

Are you set on a tandem?

I have a side-by-side and really love it! I have the Inglesina Twin Swift...it's very narrow, fits great through standard doorways AND folds pretty small. Compared to the Quattro Tour (I have one), it's definitely small. It folds to a bit shorter than the Quattro Tour, but about 1/2 the width and half the height (I hope that makes sense).

mominabigtruck

I had a graco duo rider before and I liked it I just didn't get alot of use out of it. I like the look of the inglesia I guess I would just feel weird pushing a big double with my 4.5 yo. At least the safety 1st kinda looks like a single. I really want something that folds small too. I found a compass stroller that is similar to the safety 1st one so that's why I'm asking. I'm debating between that one and a really pretty safety 1st on one clearance at albeebaby.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
it doesn't fold as small as an unbrella stroller but it does fold up smaller then the big old jeep transem i had before.. i will measrue it tonight and get a pic of it folded up for ya... :)

mominabigtruck

That's ok I just found a new graco double that's similar to the safety 1st but is way nicer. Dh says if I can hold out to buy a stroller until it comes out in april then I can buy one. I was reading the reveiws on target.com and it got really crappy reviews so I think I will wait to see if the graco one is as nice as what it looks.

drjanetm

I had one - used it for one trip o/s and then ditched it! Yes, it folds up pretty compact like a regular umbrella stroller, but it weighs a TON.

And even with the big kid in the front, it's not great for naps (see picture below - the number of people who stopped me to point out how DD1 was slumping forward was amazing! I figured if she was still asleep, then she wasn't uncomfortable....yet....).

CopyofDSCF1049copy.jpg

becca011906

Senior Community Member
aw, poor thing, i have picks like that from my first disney trip with kids, a double that the front seat didn't recline... i think it's WAY lighter then the jeep stroller we took the last two years, BIG honkey double thing! HUGE! LOL I don't plan to keep this after our trip though...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC