Frontier owners - what slot is your child on?

Mommy0608

For those of you with a Frontier, how old is your child and what harness position does he/she use?

I put J in the Frontier tonight. At the store, she was on the 4th from the bottom, meaning she still had 4 left to go (there's 8, right?) I put it in the van and now she's on the 3rd down from the top, only 2 positions left to grow into!! :eek: She better stop growing!!

ADS

oxeye

DD1 is just over 6 years old (and on the small side). She is using the third from the top and her shoulders are maybe .5" under at the moment. She's been on those slots since we got the seat over a year ago!

Mommy0608

Where's the pics of the cutie in her new seat and facing forward?? :)

Coming soon! ;)

DD1 is just over 6 years old (and on the small side). She is using the third from the top and her shoulders are maybe .5" under at the moment. She's been on those slots since we got the seat over a year ago!

Holy cow, your 6 year old is using the same slots as my 3 year old?!?! :( Wah! I did notice in your sig that your child is about 2" taller than my DD (who is very tall for her age).

munchkin

I moved M up to the 2 to top slots about 2 months ago. She still has plenty of room to grow in that slot. She was on the third from top since I got the seat at around 4 years old.

KiwiGem

D is 7yrs old & is level with the highest slot now - we removed the harness last weekend & using it in booster mode for him. Lets just say the sooner they put out a slideguard for the Frontier, the better :rolleyes:

M is 5.3yrs old (in my siggy pic) & she is 2nd from the top, just. It's still very debatable which setting to use as some days the 2nd from the top looks too high & the 3rd from the top fits her perfectly & others she needs to be on the 2nd from top - must depend on what she's wearing!

Kaede's_Mom

DD is at the 3rd slot from bottom, however last time I buckled her in I notice it was ever so slightly below her sholders so this weekend she will be moved up to the 4th from bottom. She is 3 and I can't remember how tall, but she has an almost 14 inch torso. She is all torso and no legs.

3plus2isme

DS is 5y9m and on the top slots... he still has at least half an inch if not more but not a super long time.

I have no idea what slot younger DS is on - which I'm sure would've helped you a lot more because he's younger lol... but his wings are a *lot* lower than DS1's.

zactayaus

DS2 is 6 1/2yo and is on the 3rd slot down from the top. It appears that he is dead even with it so I'll be moving him up soon.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
I will have to check, but I think DD is only on the 2nd from the bottom in the Frontier in DH's car. She is 4years 7 months, 30 pounds, and 39.5 inches.

Meg

My 3 year old is fairly short (36in) and I'm pretty positive he's already on the 4th (from bottom) slot.

ginny4

when i tested james in the frontier i had put it in the uppermost position on the buy buy baby bench & i was shocked to see how lil room he had in it. i'm not sure which position he'd have officially but i was glad he has the regent to go into next so i don't have to worry. so i say i'm not surprised where jessie is needing.

waiting for a new pic too....

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
DD is 4.5, and she's on the 2nd from the top slot. She was on the 3rd from top when she moved into the seat in June, but I just moved it up a few weeks ago. She's 42" tall and wears a 5T for shirts.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD2 is using the first or second position from the top if I'm remembering correctly. Fingers crossed she'll fit for another year or two depending on torso height growth.

Mommy0608

Thanks everyone. I've read here before that sometimes the vehicle seat can affect how much growing room they'll have... I wonder if that's the case here, especially since she lost two whole harness positions from sitting on the floor in the store to putting it in the van. :(

I wonder how the Nautilus harness would compare in my van. It's too late now, and I didn't like the install anyway (plus she hates that seat), but I wonder if she'd have more room.

Ugh, I'm so disappointed! Maybe someday they will add more harness height and I can get that seat then pass this to Tyler. Hopefully they'd use the same covers so I can buy it with a boyish cover and swap them. Wishful thinking. :rolleyes::(

Oh, and the picture of her in her new seat is in my other thread in this forum titled something about DD took her last ride rear-facing.

tweetykl

DS is 4 years 2 months and is either 2 or 3 from the top. I can't remember. I think it 2. I just want to at least get him to Kindergarten and being 6.

horseymom

DD was on the 3rd from the top when we got it last Nov. Now she is on the 2nd to the top (dead even) I should really move her to the top. She is 5 yrs 3m. This is the tallest THS we have in Canada so she better last a while yet! I have no other option when she out grows it other than a booster seat.
I agree we need to see a pic of her in the seat ;)

ETA: DD is 46lbs and 48" tall with a torso of 15.5" last I checked. She is very tall and always has been

Last edited:

rochelle

DS1 is 45" and moved to 3rd slot from bottom (2nd slot from bottom in late Apr 09)
DS2 is 40" and moved to 2nd slot from bottom (1st slot from bottom in late Apr 09)
Their shoulders were over the slot in early October 09. so about 1 slot movement in 6mths

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC