Does a 1 yr old really make it that far in an infant seat? PIC HEAVY!!

L

LuciaBella

So, I was curious if Bella could fit in any other infant seats (than the SS1 she occasionally rides in) at her age. She's currently 21 months, 24lbs and 31 inches. Most of these pics are just for height, so don't mention anything about the chest clips!!!

OH and don't mind Lucia randomly appearing in pictures...She felt left out.
We tried out the:
Chicco Keyfit30
Britax Chaperone
Graco Snugride
Baby trend flex loc
Pegperego

Here goes...
Here is Bella in her Graco Safeseat. She has 2 inches above her head. This was taken today. She is on the middle straps, but just to show she has about half an inch until she can move up to the top:
IMG_0187.jpg

Here she is at 15 months. About 3 inches above her head.
P1050838.jpg

Baby Trend Flexloc: Outgrown-less than an inch about her head.
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg

Chaperone: About an inch above her head. She is too tall for this one, but it offers lots of leg room! The head wings were pressing on her shoulders and it was pretty tight!
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg

Chicco Keyfit30: Has over 2 inches over her head. She liked it! Top straps are a little above shoulders. Pretty comparable to the SS1.
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg

Graco Snugride: TOTALLY outgrown! About 1/2 inch from the top. Very narrow at the shoulders. Her expression tells all.
IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

Peg Perego: I love the head wings on this one. It seems very comfortable for her. about an inch from the top.
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

SO thats it! I hope you liked all the pics. I would say if you have a long baby, the SS1, snugride32/35 and keyfit are all great ones. The one that surprised me the most is the keyfit and the chaperone. Nothing like the Companion!

Never thought that Bella could make it to almost 2 in a bucket! She will unless she grows an inch before February!

ADS

swtgi1982

Both my older two had an inch or less left in the graco snug ride at 4-6months, so no mine never made it that far in an infant seat. This is why this time around with number three we just opted to skip this step and use a convertible from day one. (We had already given our infant seat to a friend).

L

LuciaBella

Both my older two had an inch or less left in the graco snug ride at 4-6months, so no mine never made it that far in an infant seat. This is why this time around with number three we just opted to skip this step and use a convertible from day one. (We had already given our infant seat to a friend).

Thats how most people are doing it these days I find. Way more people are choosing a convertible to start out with I've seen at check events, but they just pick the wrong ones. "but it starts at 5 lbs...!!!" they say..."But the shoulder slots are at 9 inches!!!" I say:thumbsdown:

a_js

Is she really petite? I'm not very up on that sort of thing anymore.

My DS was 20 pounds by 5 months, so I'm guessing she's on the smaller side. He moved into a Roundabout at 3 months--outgrew the Flex-Loc by height.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Great pics, but they're huge! Can you resize them so it doesn't make us scroll all over to see them? :)

mommy2jasmine

Your daughters are beautiful! Are her eyes green? If so, I'm so jealous! I wanted my dd to inherit my green eyes, but it just didn't happen.

What's her torso height? I think I'm going to copy you, and take some pictures with my daughter in some infant seats. I know she fits in some, like the KF30, and a couple others. She is 2 1/2 though, lol... :eek: Can you imagine!? If I had her when these seats were out I could STILL use her in an infant seat...I wouldn't have to buy a convertible yet... And yet, I've blown through FIVE seats already... ha!

jess71903

Ambassador
I'm really surprised to see that she has about the same amount of room in the KF as the SS1. I always thought the shell on the KF was significantly shorter.

And I agree- beautiful eyes!

simplychels

wow she is very beautiful!

my 3 year old fits in most infant seats still :eek: granted shes outgrown the low limit ones by 2-3lbs as shes 25lbs. but by height she still fits into every single one we play with for giggles!

swtgi1982

Thats how most people are doing it these days I find. Way more people are choosing a convertible to start out with I've seen at check events, but they just pick the wrong ones. "but it starts at 5 lbs...!!!" they say..."But the shoulder slots are at 9 inches!!!" I say:thumbsdown:

Yep I know all about most of them not working well. That is why I asked on here first before we made our final decision. We have a scenera for the baby and for our 2.5yr old. I know they are cheaper seats, but they have personally proven to us to be safe seats. (My oldest and I were in a horrid accident over three years ago and the cops said no one should have been alive in the car, in the shape it was in, but her and I both walked away unharmed, no bumps or bruises what so ever. DD was 6 months old at the time.)

Yoshi

Such beautiful girls! :)

My DH's ex's name is Lucia. (but she pronounces it "Loo- sha") Do you say it the Italian way? Your daughter has redeemed the name for me in my mind now, LOL! And Wow- the SS really is so much roomier.:thumbsup:

christineka

Here's my ds at age 1, 21 pounds, and in the Evenflo Embrace. Of course, my ds (barely) fit into the keyfit at age 2.

infantseat.jpg

abigaylebelle

Beautiful baby! I honestly didn't realize that babies wouldn't make it to a year in a bucket seat. Ds was over a year when he outgrew his snugride by weight. He's just getting ready to outgrow the ss1 at 2.5, it'll be a close call if he gets too tall or too heavy first. He'll never need the top harness position in the ss1, his head is closer to the 1" mark than his shoulders are to the top slot, lol.

L

LuciaBella

I'm really surprised to see that she has about the same amount of room in the KF as the SS1. I always thought the shell on the KF was significantly shorter.

And I agree- beautiful eyes!

Yeah, I was surprised too! I thought the same, but I guess now we know they are pretty similar!

Your daughters are beautiful! Are her eyes green? If so, I'm so jealous! I wanted my dd to inherit my green eyes, but it just didn't happen.

What's her torso height? I think I'm going to copy you, and take some pictures with my daughter in some infant seats. I know she fits in some, like the KF30, and a couple others. She is 2 1/2 though, lol... :eek: Can you imagine!? If I had her when these seats were out I could STILL use her in an infant seat...I wouldn't have to buy a convertible yet... And yet, I've blown through FIVE seats already... ha!

yes...they are green! her mommy has green eyes and daddy has brown. Lucia got a mix between the two. It's so funny because they just turned green around her 1st birthday. Before then she had the biggest bluest eyes ever! I was convinced they would stay.
I will measure her torso height sometime soon, but I think it's around 11. Copy away Jennifer! I'd like to see how Jasmine fits.

Great pics, but they're huge! Can you resize them so it doesn't make us scroll all over to see them? :)

thanks! I don't really know how to resize them, nor do I have the time if its complicated, but I can give you the direct link to my photobucket album.

Is she really petite? I'm not very up on that sort of thing anymore.

My DS was 20 pounds by 5 months, so I'm guessing she's on the smaller side. He moved into a Roundabout at 3 months--outgrew the Flex-Loc by height.

yes, she is very petite. At her 1 yr she was about 18lbs and 29inches. Not sure percentage wise, but her mommy is petite also. In comparison, Lucia was 20lbs by 5 months but gradually gained weight since then. Now she's only 35!

Yep I know all about most of them not working well. That is why I asked on here first before we made our final decision. We have a scenera for the baby and for our 2.5yr old. I know they are cheaper seats, but they have personally proven to us to be safe seats. (My oldest and I were in a horrid accident over three years ago and the cops said no one should have been alive in the car, in the shape it was in, but her and I both walked away unharmed, no bumps or bruises what so ever. DD was 6 months old at the time.)
Wow, I'm so glad you are safe. What happened in the accident? what car were you in?

QUOTE=Yoshi;1060357]Such beautiful girls! :)

My DH's ex's name is Lucia. (but she pronounces it "Loo- sha") Do you say it the Italian way? Your daughter has redeemed the name for me in my mind now, LOL! And Wow- the SS really is so much roomier.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Their daddy has Italian roots, hence the Italian names... The Italian way to say it is "loo-chi-a", but we say it "loo-see-a".

My 9 month old is 31 ins and 24 lbs. I am not sure if he is big or she is petite. Maybe both apply. :D

Good pics OP!
Yep, Bella is petite, and your baby is huge. lol;)

L

LuciaBella

Here is Bella in her SS1 at exactly a year. Has over 3 inches above her head
P1050843.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC