Am I CRAZY!!!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
A few months back, I was taking Anna to the doctor and was feeling pretty lazy to walk her around to the other side of the van, so I put her in Miley's carseat! Which is the MR and its rf! She LOVED it! And now keeps asking if she can ride in sisters seat! So today I ordered her the Radian XTSL! She went back to the doctor today and was 40 pounds 1 oz! So I am hoping she doesn't gain to much before it gets here!

But am I really crazy for turning an almost 5 year old back rf? She keeps asking to sit that way, so why not!

ADS

Maedze

Eh, I don't think it's wrong or anything, but I wouldn't bother with it, personally. At nearly five there's no quantifiable gain in safety.

L

LuciaBella

There are only a few things you should give in to. This is one of them.

amyd

Not crazy at all! Besides if this isn't the perfect excuse to buy a new seat, I don't know what is:whistle:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I turned my 5 year old back RF because she begged so incredibly hard. :) My theory is that I will try to RF all my kids to 4, or as close as possible. After 4, if there is a legal way to FF them and a legal way to RF them, I will consider their opinion as to what they want to do if they ask. This included re-RFing my 5 year old as well as, if my now 3 year old asks to FF at 4, I'd probably let her. Looks like my 5 year old will probably start booster training at her 6th birthday, and will go straight from RFing to booster, at 6. I'd FF her without a qualm at this point (did on vacation-- loading her in over the back seat with her long legs was not practical, and her seat did not fit in the middle RF, so we FFed her and tethered to the back seatbelt) but if she wants to RF, I'll accomodate that as well, since I have the means and there are now legal seats to do so. :)

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Besides if this isn't the perfect excuse to buy a new seat, I don't know what is:whistle:

Thats exactly what I thought!!! LOL!!! DH told me that if I got rid of some of the seats that we don't use, then I could get a new one for her! Well, all that I have left to get rid of is my Recaro! So I am doing good! And nobody wants that, so I might be stuck with it! Dang! I really hate that seat!

swtgi1982

I did the same thing with my 3.5yr old. She was FF and begged and begged non-stop to right like her 2yr old brother RF. Many times she got in his seat and refused to get out! I caused a fight when I made her as she was to big to RF in his scenera!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC