DD took her last ride rear-facing today.

Mommy0608

**UPDATED to add pic, see 3rd post.

She doesn't know it yet, but her last rear-facing ride was on her way home from preschool today, at about 3 years 5 months. So bittersweet! :crying: Kind of sad for me, but when she sees her new pink Frontier in the van when we go out tonight, she'll be soooo excited.

I'll post pics later.

ETA: New arrangement - DD in Frontier in my van, DS RF in True Fit. In Daddy's car, DD will be FF in the Signo and DS will be RF in the Alpha Omega. Guess it's time for a sig update.

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy0608

Well, Jessica is one happy kiddo! She LOVES her new pink seat! The look on her face was great. She couldn't stop talking about it being PINK. We ran some errands tonight and every time she got back in the van she squealed, "My new pink seat!!!!"

On the other hand, wow... what a chatterbox! She always talks to herself in the car, but now she is talking to us, asking what everything is and pointing as if we can see where she's pointing. She finally figured out what we mean by having to wait to go until the light turns green. ;)

In the store, she was on the 4th slots from the bottom, with 4 left to go (I think there are 8 harness positions, right?) Now that it's installed I had to move it up two positions! I couldn't believe it! I'll be so sad if this seat doesn't last her to about age 6 with the harness. She better stop growing!

Here's a picture of her right after she got in it for the first time. It's not the greatest picture, sorry! Hopefully I'll get some better pics in the next few days.

Jessica1stride11-12-09.jpg

2BunniesMommy

She sure looks like she loves it! I remember when DD1 was first getting to see the street lights and stuff in front of us, it was funny. She has already started telling us before that when the light would turn green, she could see the reflection on the back window.

Pixels

Awwww. Does it bother anyone else when one of "our" kids turns FFing? It just seems like they shouldn't grow up.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
DBK was a chatterbox when I had to turn her forward facing too. Oh, and no more sneaking food!

ginny4

oh i found her picture! YAY! she looks so much more grown up in the frontier. i think that is so weird. i felt the same way with james that he aged with just a turn of the seat. crazy. she looks quite happy!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Aww, she looks so happy. ((Hugs)) to you on the bittersweetness of it all and to the forum's newest little back seat driver. :love:

JerseyGirl'sMama

She is adorable! I am glad she likes her new seat. :thumbsup:

Completely off-topic, but what shoes is your DS wearing? They look like the Circo shoes I bought for my DS. Just curious if you like them?

Mommy0608

She is adorable! I am glad she likes her new seat. :thumbsup:

Completely off-topic, but what shoes is your DS wearing? They look like the Circo shoes I bought for my DS. Just curious if you like them?

Thanks. :)

Tyler is wearing these. I did see some similar shoes at Target, but he has very wide feet so he couldn't wear them. At 15 months, he wears a whopping 6.5 XW (extra wide)!! :eek: The only place we can get shoes for him is Stride Rite. Fortunately we have a SR outlet near us, so I only paid about $30 for these shoes. He'd have to go barefoot if I would have to pay $50 for his shoes... $30 is bad enough. The kid will only ever have one pair of shoes at a time until he can wear other cheaper brands. :rolleyes: I do love these shoes though... very flexible and durable. :thumbsup:

DahliaRW

How cute! My 4yo is a huge chatterbox in the car, and I like quiet while driving. It's quite an issue!

My ds2 also has super wide feet - I have to buy stride rite as well. Glad to hear I'm not alone!

arly1983

Tyler is wearing these. I did see some similar shoes at Target, but he has very wide feet so he couldn't wear them. At 15 months, he wears a whopping 6.5 XW (extra wide)!! :eek:

Oh, we love stride rite. :love:

J was a triple E (foot was thick top to bottom) until he was almost 3 yrs old. We could only squeeze his feet in XXW stride rites, Robeez, and special order leather walking shoes. Now he is finally able to just wear an XW or crocs. :thumbsup:

jujumum

She's such a big girl! She looks so proud!

I think torso growth is at a slower rate between 4-6 than 2-4, so I think there is a really good chance she'll make it to 6.:)

Spam

:love: She looks so grown up! I'm glad she likes her pink seat!! I'm glad Austin's feet aren't that wide, but they are long..he wears a 7.5-8 :eek:

L

LuciaBella

Awwww. Does it bother anyone else when one of "our" kids turns FFing? It just seems like they shouldn't grow up.

It would totally bother me! I told Lucia she is staying RF until she can drive. lol
on the other hand...Why are parents so eager to have their kids "grow up" by putting them FF at 1.20?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC