What should I do buy 3 seats or just 1 bad situation

mburks26

What should I do about this or anything

DD cousin will be 4 in a few weeks. She has been in a turbo hb since she was 2 and half she was over 40lbs at the time. No screws in the arm rest lap only belt or shoulder belt behind her when with mom
seat is nasty looking and think it has been in a wreck her mom ran off the rode and it took the tire off but nothing was hit it was just the ditch.

with grandparents Evenflo big kid lap only belt even worse found out that grandma on the way to pick her up from daycare had the seat in the truck not buckled in was in a wreck tore up the driver side and the tire riped off she hit the things that separate the lane from grass metal poles with metal wires in the middle. No other car and had only liability insurance. No they are not replacing the seat.

Last night found out they allowed her to ride in a backless booster the cosco one with out a cover on it. At least the car had side air bags

Makes me sick to see this.

All those seats are 100% not safe to use what so ever nor do they use them right anyway. Should I at least get them 2 more seats to replace the two they have even though the wont use them and wont be safe anyway? Should I just get her an extra one to ride with us. My dd has a booster but is now throwing the biggest fit that she can not ride in her pink seat anymore even though my dd normally rides in the GN and only booster 1 time if that a week on the shortest trip in to town booster training only. (shes 45lbs and 4 yrs and 5 months.) I now have to get a pink cover for her GN to keep her in the GN thats not big deal.

If I get the 2 new ones at least they well be new and the screws in the arm rest but still theres the lap only belt thing.

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I agree. If it's a lap only situation then a booster is not the answer. Have you spoken to the parents and grandparents about the situation? Do they care and want to do better? If not, I would not push push the issue. No point in spending the $$ if parents and grandparents are not going to do their part.

mburks26

I have tried but nope they dont seem to care. Thats why I do not let them transport my dd unless I put the seat in and I know they are going straight to the house and not leaving again. It sucks they live a house down from us.
Are there any good cheaper boosters then the turbo at least I will get one for her when shes with us. I hate the turbo boostes with a passion. We have headrest 2003 F 150 supercrew 4 full doors. The evenlfo one does not do a good job on the lap belt that I have see. Are the Cosco Prontos any good about the belt placement ?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Cosco Prontos are not good on the lap or shoulder positioning, and also require head support behind them. The TB and the Vivo are really the only cheaper seats I know of that really position well for younger/slighter children.

mburks26

Crude That is what I was afraid of I have head rest though. I cant afford another Vivo right now though. I guess Im stuck getting a turbo then.

jess71903

Ambassador
I too would only spend money for her to ride with me if the parents/grandparents aren't going to use it correctly anyway.

mburks26

I hate the fact about riding in a booster but all the heigh weights seats are so out of budget right now. I guess a turbo it is then.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
A turbo for your car should be fine, but purchasing boosters for use with lap belts sends the message that it is acceptable, which you know it is not.

Joyofbirth

Look at the bright side of having to use a booster in your car-you can properly booster train her. Tell her where the shoulder belt needs to go. If you have a lap belt only in your car, you can point it out and tell her that's not a safe seat for a booster, she need two belts. Teach her how to sit right.

Kat_Momof3

I agree with everyone else... get her safe in your vehicle and only provide seats for the other vehicles if they are being used properly.

And tell that sweet girl of yours that she needs to stay in her nautilus (with a new pink cover that you buy) until she's at least 6, because it's safer!... but you're doing great!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC