I take it back! I love Britax!

Splash

So I FINALLY got through to someone again... after a super long hold.
But they are sending me two NEW Boulevards, and I just have to send the old ones back within 30 days and not get charged. AND I can keep my old cover!

I debated seriously if I wanted to change to a Decathlon in my car. I said Boulevard anyway, and now I am waffling. The Boulevard IS hard to use, and he can do the lever, and it won't last as long as a Decathlon, and the crotch strap adjustment would be nice...

Did I make the right choice by sticking with the BV? I think so, but oh well.

Anyway, apparently the girl this morning was just having a bad day because the lady I just talked to was very nice and had no problem sending me two new seats with brand new DOMs! Squee!

I take it back. I'm back on the Britax side of life :D

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Great!!! Stick with the BVs. If you don't like it, sell 'em brand new on eBay or Craigslist, then get what you want. But I wouldn't push it with Britax...:rolleyes:

But that's an awesome outcome!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
One of each would have been interesting & ya couldn't go wrong having both, but 2 brand new BVs is awesome anyway! :D (I wonder if someone there lurks here & knows how much a carseat addict can badmouth a company? LOL -- word of mouth....) :p If you're fiestier than me it might not hurt to call back & explain your dilemma: although you have BVs your kiddo can escape & you'd prefer to try 1 DC (I don't think they'll lose anything by your asking)

SPJ&E

See, we told you to call back! Sometimes you just have to get the right person!

That's awesome you are getting 2 brand new seats...lucky you!!

Splash

One of each would have been interesting & ya couldn't go wrong having both, but 2 brand new BVs is awesome anyway! :D (I wonder if someone there lurks here & knows how much a carseat addict can badmouth a company? LOL -- word of mouth....) :p If you're fiestier than me it might not hurt to call back & explain your dilemma: although you have BVs your kiddo can escape & you'd prefer to try 1 DC (I don't think they'll lose anything by your asking)

I've wondered too before if someone lurks here. The girl got right on it when I called, but it DID sound like she was talking to someone. Hmmm...
Hi Britax lurker! Could you give us adjustable crotch straps and fix the s&1%$@ RF lockoffs? Thanks!

Ya know, A Decathlon would last longer, install better, and be easier to use. Plus more comfortable I think. But... no. I don't mind the lack of wings with him RF, or FF in the center. But eventually he will probably be FF outboard, and I want the sidewings. And I don't really care that much when he outgrows the seat, so no biggie. But the DC is so plush... and such a nicer cover.

No, not worth the half hour hold time again. Besides, they're closed for the day anyway.

Although, I did have to exercise some parental discretion when she asked which covers I wanted. Charlie would LOVE a Shannon... but I couldn't. I just couldn't. Not so much because he's a boy, but because it would look bad in my car, you know? I'm such a hypocrit ;)

crystal vowell

See, we told you to call back! Sometimes you just have to get the right person!

That's awesome you are getting 2 brand new seats...lucky you!!

I've had the same experience with Evenflo.If the rep doesn't want to do anything about your complaint always call back.For some reason it's weird with the second person they get on the ball.I thought after my Tribute's latch strap getting stuck in my car the seat should have been replaced. The seat and I had blood everywhere because I didn't relize the seat cut my finger. Then the rep told me to cut the latch straps to get the seat out. What gives?

Splash

I'm not sure how I accomplished it. I didn't even WANT them replaced. What I would have liked is a little note on my file or something, that I can have them replaced/repaired in six months or whenever he is FF. I mean, if I put them in tight RF again, are they just going to break again? So what good does it do to get new ones NOW? But after the horrid call this morning, and given how long I had tried to get ahold of them, when she offered to replace them, I just jumped at it. She said I could send her mine and she'd send new ones, or if I gave them a credit card number they would ship new ones out tomorrow and not bill the credit card unless the old ones aren't back in 30 days. She told me to keep the covers if I wanted them because they're just going to destroy the seats. That makes me kind of sad because they are fine RF, and it just seems like they could donate them or what not... but I totally realize the liability. However she DID ask what vehicles they were in and how they were installed, I guess so they can use that info for something... collecting data on how these bases are breaking I guess.
For covers, I went with Onyx in my car and Brownstone in the van. Right now I have Onyx and she has Classic, but Classic is discontinued. She offered me Regal, but I hate that one. I originally had Regal, and replaced it with Onyx as soon as I could. I thought about Park Avenue, because that's grey as well, but I don't like it much. And while Charlie would LOVE to have Shannon, I don't want car seat battles in a few years when he realizes that it's a "girl" seat.
So, two new Boulevards. Yay! I'm shocked really, and impressed. I'm not going to complain though! I still wonder if I should have just changed to Decathlon in my car, but I'm familiar with my Boulevards. Heck, for the panic they gave me early and all the blood pressure spikes it caused, they should send me one of each as an apology! ;) I just think it's funny that I say often that if I had it all to do over again, I would have gotten a DC in my car. Then she gives me the chance, and I panic. But at 30ish pounds, his RF days are almost over, and FF the seat is fine (though I do worry about the head slump some people complain about). Ah, whatever.
This is fun! I'm getting two new seats! Granted they are the exact same as my OLD seats, but somehow it feels... special :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmmm...

I should take my mom's BV out of her car and see if it is able to stay locked in an upright position. If it isn't, I am going to call Britax too!!! :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yay! And you got the thirty days... that other woman gave someone on another board only fifteen days...I say other woman, cuz it sounds like she's a real bad apple, it can only be one, right? lol

Oh, go on, as yourself the same question I made you ask when you bought the BV's in the first place: Can my child ever really be TOO safe in the car? (uh...except for that harness loosening thing...that's the pits...)

:)

So I FINALLY got through to someone again... after a super long hold.
But they are sending me two NEW Boulevards, and I just have to send the old ones back within 30 days and not get charged. AND I can keep my old cover!

I debated seriously if I wanted to change to a Decathlon in my car. I said Boulevard anyway, and now I am waffling. The Boulevard IS hard to use, and he can do the lever, and it won't last as long as a Decathlon, and the crotch strap adjustment would be nice...

Did I make the right choice by sticking with the BV? I think so, but oh well.

Anyway, apparently the girl this morning was just having a bad day because the lady I just talked to was very nice and had no problem sending me two new seats with brand new DOMs! Squee!

Yay! And you got the thirty days... that other woman gave someone on another board only fifteen days...I say other woman, cuz it sounds like she's a real bad apple, it can only be one, right? lol

Oh, go on, as yourself the same question I made you ask when you bought the BV's in the first place: Can my child ever really be TOO safe in the car? (uh...except for that harness loosening thing...that's the pits...)

:)
I take it back. I'm back on the Britax side of life :D

mamato2

Splash, I am SO glad you got new seats. :) I was reading along here feeling so badly that I returned a seat for the same problem yours were having and DID get a new seat and they gave you a hard time.
I was so worried about being stuck with a seat that could only be used rf and now that I have a new one I'm leery of ever using it rf in case the base breaks on this one too!!
Hopefully they are looking into what the problem is with those bases. I love that they are responsive in situations like this but it concerns me that so many people have issues with their seats. Adjusters, bases, lock offs!!!!
C.

Dillipop

Are the bases breaking when used rfing with latch or seatbelt or both? We have my marathon in with latch rfing right now, but if the seatbelt is not breaking them, I might just switch it over to using the belt instead.

Splash

I don't know what's breaking because you can't see inside the bases. But I know when they are installed tightly for a long time, *something* in the base is breaking/bending/whatever, and the seat won't lock into an upright position anymore. It will still GO into an upright position, just won't lock.
I wish that I would have been able to get more of a "replace in six months" raincheck from them, because I am just going to install the new seats they send me RF and they'll probably break again. The only real reason I called now was because I wanted to call before the warranty (from the date I bought the seat, which is listed on my warranty card) expired. I figured they would flag something or whatnot and then when he is FF, I could have it repaired/replaced.
Oh well, the new ones will be under warranty, and I doubt he will be RF for more than another year (if that long), so if they break, back they go!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC