BJ City Mini in Stone???

AngieInOH

Anyone have it in stone? Is it so light that it will show a lot of dirt? I'm set on getting one but I HATE the color selection. I like to stick with neutral colors. Like the black but it's too much black.... I think it would get really hot in the summer. The only other neutral color is stone and well it seems a bit unpractical. I could just see my girls climbing up getting in and wiping their dirty little shoes all over that stone color. Urg, what am I going to do.

Several months ago Albeebaby had an exclusive brown color, I should have jumped on it but didn't since my girls were just born. Now I'm completely regretting it :(

ADS

SavsMom

I have seen it in stone - and do not like it. A friend has it in stone and I think its still too dark - to the point that it shows dirt too much and would be too hot. She really regrets getting that color, but got a good deal on it used so bought it anyways.

Another friend has it in the green color - and it is perfect. Doesn't show dirt at all, and doesn't seem to get hot down here in Florida. Also very gender neutral so could be used for a boy or girl.

AngieInOH

I have seen it in stone - and do not like it. A friend has it in stone and I think its still too dark - to the point that it shows dirt too much and would be too hot. She really regrets getting that color, but got a good deal on it used so bought it anyways.

QUOTE]

Really, too dark?? Is the stone part that dark? I thought it looked pretty light in the pics.

Meg

I have the Mini in stone and if you want I can take some pics of it later this evening so you can get a better idea of the color. I think the color seems a bit darker in person than it does in the photos shown on the online stores.

But anyway, I don't think the material shows dirt like other stroller materials do, but if you do get a mark on it you can wipe it down pretty easily. My son also likes to get in and out of his stroller a lot and I haven't noticed any dirtiness even when he's had pretty filthy shoes. This weekend my son was sitting in his stroller eating a burger and it wasn't until later that I noticed he had stuck ketchup-covered pickles to the inside of the stroller :eek:, but I had no issues cleaning the mess with a damp napkin. I love the material!

AngieInOH

Thanks Meg, if you have pics I'd love to see them. How long have you had yours? I just hate when they look dirty. I have twin girls and have to get the double. I can only imagine how much wear this thing will get!!

Meg

Here's a close-up of the material:
nov004.jpg

nov006.jpg

My son always steps on the black part to get in and out, but the material can easily be wiped down if muddy shoes make a mess of it. We have yet to see any dirt marks since we bought it. We've only had it since last month, so we haven't tested the long-term durability of it yet, but from everything I've read it doesn't sound like the color will pose any issues with dirt. :thumbsup: I'm so in love with the material because our other strollers all have that canvas type material that shows dirt and is so hard to clean, I wish I had bought this stroller 3 years ago!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC