Which Option?

msantiago3

Should I get the Britax Boulevard in Shannon, the Marathon in Daisy, or the Marathon in Jonah. If I do Jonah I can alternate which kids goes in which seat once the baby is no longer in the infant seat. The other car seat is the Safe Seat 2, so I could let my daughter ride in the Marathon until the baby needs a convertible and then put him in the Marathon and her back in the Safe Seat. But then what do I do when she hits 40 pounds, wouldnt I still want her harnessed? Would I be better off getting a unisex print in either the Boulevard or Marathon and then once the baby needs the convertible putting her in the Safe Seat 2 until I can come up with the funds for a Regent? Oh god Im so confused!!!

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I think you should get the Jonah, just so you can take pictures of it up close in personal.

OR, you should get the Jonah and sell it to me. I think I'd give up one of my Freedom covers for a Jonah.

No help with the rest of it, sorry!

flipper68

Senior Community Member
If you give the age/height/weight of your children we will be able to give more specific recommendations.

Personally, I don't like the "girlie" seats/strollers/covers for the very reason you mentioned: what about the next kid that's male?

At the same time, it's not too difficult to purchase a different cover for a MA.

That said, the SS2 is FF only and only for 20-40 pounds. I'm assuming your daughter weighs MORE that 33 pounds and is FF (if not, she should still be RF and you should get another CONVERTIBLE seat). Most likely your daughter will outgrow the SS2 before the baby hits the 33# RF limit of the MA and is ready to do the seat swap.

You are correct in stating that you may want to keep you DD in a harnessed seat after 40 lbs.

The primary difference between the BLVD and MA is the side impact protection in the BLVD.

I'm sure when you post your kids' weight/age info more people will chime in. HTH a bit.

msantiago3

The Safe Seat 2 is our spare car seat. Right now she is 18 months and 20-21 pounds and rides in one Marathon and a Combi Avatar. I had bought the Safe Seat 2 not knowing it couldnt go RFing and at the time I was having problems getting my daughter to stay in her car seat since she knows how to undo almost any type of harness, and when RFing she was climbing out, but now I have found a way to turn her around and keep her in. The new baby will be a boy but Im not due until 2-9. I just dont have money to buy new seats and probably wont for awhile since my husband had to take a Ford Buyout and Im a student. I think I would like to pass down her Avatar and this new seat to the baby once he needs a convertible and have her in the Safe Seat 2 and the other Marathon. Because by then I am hoping she would be around 30 pounds and that would be safe enough to have her FFing, plus this would be in the second vehicle which she doesnt ride in much, maybe once or twice a week. Then I could save to buy her a Regent to replace the Safe Seat 2 once she is 40 pounds.

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
*WHEW*

Can you list the carseats you have in a column?
Then list kiddo's age, weight, height?
Then list the vehicle(s) year, make, model?

I'm feeling a bit frazzled between my college courses right now, too & need some help simplifying the issue so I can help :confused: :eek: :p

msantiago3

Car Seats:
Britax Marathon
Combi Avatar
Graco Safe Seat 2
Britax Companion

Children:
DD, 18 months, 30-31 inches, 20-21 pounds
DS, EDD 2-9-07

Vehicles:
2001 Mercury Sable
2006 Mercury Milan

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC