I just ordered a Radian XT!!!!

babygirlsmom1005

I'm excited. After much thought, decided that my DD will outgrow the XTSL by height rather than weight first for RF'ing and we don't use LATCH so no need for that....

So the searh began.....

I went to a local store and they had the Rio on clearance for $239.99...played with it, asked them if they would take $200.00 for it....the manager came back with $219.99....told her I'll wait and see right now. We left, did some grocery shopping.

Came home, did a search and found Radians on sale at Babyviva for $249.00 then a discount code for 20% off, brining the total to basically $200.00. Called them, they have the Malibu in stock and it is a recent DOM so a 40 lbs RF'ing seat.

Got off the phone with them, about to place the order and then remembered Diapers.com does price matching. Called Diapers.com and they price matched it, then used a referal code from a girlfriend of mine, total of $190.19 - Sold and ordered (and verified it's a recent DOM for a 40 lbs RF'ing seat).

We so don't need another seat, I'm thinking now of what are we going to do with the seats we have (TFP - my sons, Frontier - my daughters, Recaro Como - our backup, Cosco Scerene - another back up & used for a friends kid, etc....) but at least this one will get my baby girl RF'ing again (like she's been begging to be) and also get the Recaro to a friend of mine to re-harness her 3 year old.

I think my husband may kill me, but hey, this is "my" money I'm spending and have saved up for....been thinking of this for awhile and with the way my daughter grows, it maybe a couple of years before she even gets to 40 lbs.....

I'm so excited to get a pretty malibu seat for my daughter - I want a pretty pink seat LOL

ADS

Laurette

Exciting! I want to Flora XTSL for my DD, but I gotta sell the MR I have first... Y did I buy a MyRide when I knew it wouldn't fit in my car??

babygirlsmom1005

Exciting! I want to Flora XTSL for my DD, but I gotta sell the MR I have first... Y did I buy a MyRide when I knew it wouldn't fit in my car??

IDK, I went to Loan Star Baby and Kids to compair Madeline in them today - when I got there, it's like a lightbulb went off of "Wait, the MR doesn't have any anti-rebound control - X that one out" (I prefer anti rebound control - either tether or foot).

I have a friend that has her DD in a MY and loves it, it was the perfect seat for her car, budget, etc...

I thought about doing the SL, but I can never see fully using the seat to it's most (ie: Super Latch - I would first have to get a vehicle with latch and over 2005 - that will not happen for years and years and years to come since the Suburban is paid off. Madeline is 35 lbs at 4 years old - she gains weight slowly and will outgrow by height first, so no need for the 45 lbs seat).

tribord

What a great deal. Congrats! I am looking for either and XT or XTSL just checked out babyviva. The XT isnt' posted anymore... they must have sold out!

tribord

Oh, thank you for that link!! I did the price-matching from diapers.com since they have free return shipping if it doesn't work out and I was able to get frequent flier miles by buying it through Delta's skymiles shopping. The only bummer is diapers.com charges tax in my state (they didnt' use to) and I was almost all the way through the checkout before I realized. Still figured it was worth the extra $15 or so for the free return shipping in case I need it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC