changing GN crotch buckle slot

ADS

cmm7

Things like this always make me nervous that maybe I did something wrong. What is your issue with it? Getting it out? I just took mine out and put it back in last week and actually thought it was one of the easiest I ever did. Ahh!

crunchierthanthou

Well, getting it in was easier than getting it out. I seriously tried off and on for over an hour to take it out. The slot was too narrow to get both the metal plate and seam through. I also tried pulling most of the strap through to the back and having the metal plate near the top of the strap, but the seam was too rigid and thick to come through behind. I think I figured out the secret though. There's a little flap below the seam. Get that through first, then fold the plate over below it and it will slide through. It took like 10 seconds once I had the flap out. I still had to wedge the metal plate into the hole and make sure the loop of webbing through the plate wasn't bunching, but it was sooo much easier than all the time I had just spent fighting it.

That trick to separate them didn't work as well putting it back in, but like I said, that part wasn't nearly as hard as getting it out. I think it would have been easier to put back through if I didn't have the seat pad on (and replacing it is what I was doing in the first place when I decided to move the buckle :rolleyes:).

aaaaand I just took it out to see if I could recreate it. Now I need to go smash it back in. :eek:

crunchierthanthou

Is yours older.. I just played with my dne and it was so easy. :eek:

no, brand new with a June 09 DOM. but what's a dne? :eek:

I did get it back together without much trouble. I held the flap back again while I pushed the metal plate through.

btw, this is the flap I mean-

flap.jpg

and I've been using a GN full time since August. how did I never notice this info on the back of the buckle? :eek:

buckleinfo.jpg

:thumbsup:

Spam

sorry.. dear nephew :eek: I just changed his again..playing some more :whistle: and that flap isn't getting in our way yet. Sorry for your troubles :(

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I had this issue at a seat check. Then I realized the little flap issue. If you flatten it and push it through before trying to get the metal piece through, then it comes out easily. I sure felt like I looked dumb trying to get the buckle out though with how much I fought with it before figuring out what was stopping it from going through.

FWIW, I've never noticed those dates on my Nauti buckle, but we always have the belly pad on so I don't think I would have noticed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
<snicker> Send that picture to Russ, they are tongues, darn it, not tongs :p

Anyway... the one at BRU was uneventful, unless it was such an unpleasant memory that I've actually blocked it out (it WAS a few months ago, after all...)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Is there a trick? I swear, it makes me... swear.

*I* think there is, and I'll be danged if I know what it is. :shrug-shoulders: Sometimes it slips out *so* easily, and others it's like you say - a real struggle. I don't know what I do differently to get the different results.

No real advice, I guess, just empathy. :eek:

NannyMom

I've had some that were super easy, and some that were super hard. I've always been afraid of looking stupid at a check if I couldn't do it.

Raegansmom4

My GN buckle SUCKS to get in and out!! I swear and sweat... But, I've found the less I try to be rough and "force" it through, the easier it goes?? It takes some finesse. Why does it feel like I just said a dirty thing? Something my dh would snicker about...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC