Which booster??

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
Im going to start booster training.

The Monterey is $99 (I believe the seats are 1 yr old, but I dont mind)

Parkways SG $140

Its for a 4.5yo, 46-47lbs, 46" tall, top slots on the Radian.

Were going to start training with the daily trip to school, about a 3 minute drive.

Im really just wondering which is better for a child of that age/size.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

Can you find somewhere to try the Monterey out? My only concerns are leg length (if the legs are short, they won't bend at the edge... Ruthie is almost 6 and her knees are still a couple inches from bending naturally over the edge of the Monterey, so Miss Ruthie wants to slouch in it, even though she can cross her legs) and shoulder width (narrow kids just don't fit as well in this seat... older booster riders and broad kids fit great, though)

Anyway, so I got a Recaro Vivo from big lots while it was on sale that is now her spare (the fpsv was her spare and will be again when the vivo moves to my van, but she loves her "so soft and pink" seat) because I just am not comfortable with the Monterey on Ruthie and her brother still has room in his... I'll just let her inherit his when he outgrows it (hoping by then she'll fit it better) and let the Vivo become her spare then.

So I'd probably say the Parkway or Vivo/Vivo Lite (you can find good prices on the recaro boosters online)

flutie128

Do you think the Vivos are still at Big Lots? I might be interested in one for DS. I was hoping for a booster that latched in but I don't know if it is safe or not now. I also might check the fit with his nautilus. Can that be latched when using as a booster?

Kat_Momof3

well, they might or might not be... big lots offers things at their price till they run out... usually here that means longer than the date of the ads.

I bought one... and since I've been back, my big lots hasn't sold another.

albeebaby.com and diapers.com have good deals for them (diapers.com has a coupon code on top of their "sale" price, so check the coupon/sale/swap forum)

canadiangie

Im going to start booster training.

The Monterey is $99 (I believe the seats are 1 yr old, but I dont mind)

Parkways SG $140

Its for a 4.5yo, 46-47lbs, 46" tall, top slots on the Radian.

Were going to start training with the daily trip to school, about a 3 minute drive.

Im really just wondering which is better for a child of that age/size.

I think with boosters it's important to base much of the decision on actual fit. Are you able to try ds in each seat in your vehicle? I wouldn't buy a booster for dd unless I tested out each one and saw how well each one positioned the belt on her body. Each kiddo is so different, as is each vehicle's seatbelt geometry... I'd want to see, IRL, how the seatbelt fit in each booster. :thumbsup:

(sorry if my post barely makes sense, I'm super sick right now and should really be in bed, lol)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC