Seat recommendation for no tether or LATCH

tl01

What seat you would recommend for someone who doesn't have a tether or LATCH and has a child outgrowing a Roundabout? This person is not excited about the idea of installing a tether though I'm going to suggest it. Would a Radian or a Nautilus be the best option in this case?

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The lack of LATCH doesn't matter much.

I'd recommend purchasing a Nautilus over a Radian for a FFing child -- for practical reasons (it will harness longer and can booster), not safety ones.

firemomof3

I would also agree with the Nautilus. It is almost so much easier to install with the seat belt vs the Radian.

Kat_Momof3

I concur... get her to take the tether in to get one retrofitted... it's usually free for the first one unless her car is SUPER old (aka.. they have to drill) and the Nautilus is SUPER easy to install.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
According to the 2009 LATCH manual, they are not installed, but two tether anchors can be installed on the back of the seat.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The RX300 didn't have factory equipped tether anchors until the 2001 model year, and the '99-00 models can have 2 tether anchors retrofitted for the outboard seating positions at a reasonable cost. There's a $5 per tether anchor retrofit voucher program for pre-2001 Toyota and Lexus models - details and the voucher application form are on Safety Belt Safe USA's site at http://carseat.org/Events_Media/0_ToyotaIP.htm :thumbsup:

tl01

The RX300 didn't have factory equipped tether anchors until the 2001 model year, and the '99-00 models can have 2 tether anchors retrofitted for the outboard seating positions at a reasonable cost. There's a $5 per tether anchor retrofit voucher program for pre-2001 Toyota and Lexus models - details and the voucher application form are on Safety Belt Safe USA's site at http://carseat.org/Events_Media/0_ToyotaIP.htm :thumbsup:

May I just copy and paste this for the person who asked?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC