Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Please post the link to the tc video for the marathon

I have a marathon I am using for a 3yo 30 lb. I heard about the tc video where the harness comes through the shell... someone please post the link to the video. Thanks. Wondering if I need to spring for a radian sooner than I thought

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Please post the link to the tc video for the marathon

this link should get you to all the ma videos..because it poulls up a different screen, i dont know how to link to the video directly. the 2 honda civic ones and the dodge caravan are ones where it pulls through..

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...on-928.htm#c10

It should be noted were higher-speed tests, with a heavy 6 year old dummy.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

Carseat Crazy

Ohhh OK so maybe the 6 yr old dummy had something to do with it. I feel better just knowing that fact. Thanks!!!

Senior Community Member BigDaddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post

It should be noted were higher-speed tests, with a heavy 6 year old dummy.
    The dummy was not only over the weight limit, but was also too tall for the seat.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    The dummy was not only over the weight limit, but was also too tall for the seat.
    How can you tell how much it weighed? I'm not questioning you, I just don't know where it says how much they weigh. As far as too tall, yeah, it did look like it was but I couldn't see the shoulders well enough to tell.
    Me & DH FF'ing in seatbelts
    DS 6/04 in a PWSG HBB
    DS 09/10 ERF in RA50

Senior Community Member BigDaddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a_js View Post
    How can you tell how much it weighed? I'm not questioning you, I just don't know where it says how much they weigh. As far as too tall, yeah, it did look like it was but I couldn't see the shoulders well enough to tell.
    It's listed in the description on another page. Judi's right it was around 51 pounds. The Canadian Marathons are rated at 48lbs.

As for height, the dummy's head was above the shell, and the harness slots were below the shoulders.