I now own a MR65

triscuitsmom

I now own a MR65 *finally pics up in post #22 and #23*

I picked up a My Ride 65 at my local Babies R Us today (Belleville, Ontario). Bought it to try out since we were looking for a new seat anyway.

First impressions: It is *way* shorter than the Radian. Not at first glance (because it's a big seat!) but when Tobias (who admittedly has a *huge* head in proportion to his body) got in it I'm skeptical about how much room we're really going to have with the 1" of shell rule. Now granted the infant body pillow was in when I tried him in it so I didn't get a true measurement yet.

It is a big seat. Width wise I mean. I am going to have to play to see if I can get it installed to puzzle and I have Radians and still I think I'm going to have to play to see. It certainly wasn't easy going when I set it in beside them (I got the floor model, so no box).

I love the manual. Has several different descriptions of locking retractor types and seat types for installing that was more detailed then I think I've seen before.

There are seperate LATCH anchors for both rearfacing and forward facing. They have their own clips and you don't have to rethread for the different path, it's already there.

Also no height restriction listed *huge yay*. It says 1" of hard shell. It is definitely 40lb rearfacing limit (and 65 forward, as we knew it would be). Also the manual says that the child must be 22lbs, 1 year old AND walking unassisted to flip forward, just for reference.

Oh one weird thing I noticed. It says in the manual that the body pillow can only be used on the bottom two slots (there are five total, bottom four can be rearfacing, top four can be used forward facing), which made sense to me... but it also said that the head support (a pillow type thing across the top of the seat) and the harness pads (the same as all of the other seats I've owned, the little pads to cushion the harness a little bit beside the child) have to come off when the child is 40 pounds. I've never seen a seat before that can't use the harness pads above a certain weight. It said so in the manual and on the pads themselves there is a tag that says so too. It says because it might not be safe in a sudden stop??? That's the reasoning given at least and was the one weird thing I noticed about the seat.

Overall I like it. I would've preferred the blue/grey pattern (Bartlett I think?) but Spiral is nice too. I can't wait to play with it more tomorrow. I will get pictures. :love:

Last edited:
ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It puzzles well with a radian.

100_0568.jpg

triscuitsmom

Yay!!! That is awesome to know. I had set it in forward facing not rearfacing when I first came out to the car (unbuckled) and the door didn't want to easily close while I put the kids in so I could deal with putting the seat and bags in the trunk. But like I said I havnt really gotten to try it yet in car and I havnt tried rearfacing at all. :)

InternationalMama

I've heard that you get quite a bit more height once you take the infant padding out. Hopefully that's true for you.

I love that it says "walking unassisted." I wish all manuals said that.

InternationalMama

We were taught in CPST class that they need to be a stable walker.

Then how come so few manuals mention anything like that?? I think my ComfortSport manual says "able to sit unassisted," which, you know, most kids can well before they are one year old. (And in fact, it's really hard to find the place in that manual that they even mention that kids should be one year old!)

The MyRide seems like a great seat. I wish it was narrower. I also wish Graco would bring the Duologic seat they sell in Sweden to the US. No foot prop or RF tethers so no excuses really. :)

Shanora

Ok, get them here to Edmonton please....I would like one for when we drive home for Christmas....LOL. Anything to keep my baby more comfortable!

(That and the option to show of a REALLY COOL seat to those up there! LOL)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yay! Sounds like Graco has updated their manual so that they don't have to make any changes when the updated standards take effect. If I interpreted them correctly, all ff'ing seats will be forced to have a 22lb min weight limit for ff'ing. That extra 2lbs can mean months for small kids. :thumbsup:

I'm also glad to hear they've gone with the 1" of hard shell.

From what I've seen, removing the infant padding makes a huge difference.

I can hardly wait to hear more about what your thoughts are and see pictures. I am looking for the seat at our store but it wasn't there when I was in on Monday. Not sure what day the truck usually comes mind you.. hopefully it's on this weeks truck, I'm looking forward to playing with it and trying my kids in it. And hey, if it puzzles with the Complete Air, then maybe it will be the seat I buy since dd only has 3lbs left in the EFTA and maybe 1/2" torso room. Though I know dh would be happier with another Nautilus just to reduce a seat purchase down the road. :p

Lea_Ontario

1 - I'm glad to hear you like the seat. I'd get it if I had the funds to spare, I'm dying for that 40lb rf limit for my Bear.

2 - Belleville is my hometown, and I'm not TOO far from there now.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
ah -K. I always thought that the company sent along a dud of some sorts to use for display. (In bigger stores at least.)

Nope, we just take one out of the box, assemble it if needed, and display it. Some stores don't sell display models, but I think most do.

I'd be hesitant about buying a floor model on a seat that had been there for an unknown amount of time... after a few months the seats do see some abuse. (Not usually being dropped, but harness being threaded funny, UAS belts tangled, manual missing, that kind of thing.)

For a seat that is so newly available, the display model has likely barely been touched, in our store it probably would've still had the registration card attached and the manual in the place it came stored if it was stored out of the box - in other words it would be like new condition. (I work at BRU in Edmonton.)

triscuitsmom

Nope, we just take one out of the box, assemble it if needed, and display it. Some stores don't sell display models, but I think most do.

I'd be hesitant about buying a floor model on a seat that had been there for an unknown amount of time... after a few months the seats do see some abuse. (Not usually being dropped, but harness being threaded funny, UAS belts tangled, manual missing, that kind of thing.)

For a seat that is so newly available, the display model has likely barely been touched, in our store it probably would've still had the registration card attached and the manual in the place it came stored if it was stored out of the box - in other words it would be like new condition. (I work at BRU in Edmonton.)

This is what Belleville does too :thumbsup:

And yeah, I wouldn't normally take a floor model. I wasn't interested at all in the floor model for the $99 Radian a few years back that I had seen be dropped from the height of the display onto the ground below as well as being played with as a toy.

This seat though came in this week. Noone knows about it yet lol. It has the registration card and manual exactly as they were in the box. Heck it isn't even a month old yet (Date of Manufacture was October 28, 2009 :D)

So in this case I took it. :thumbsup:

techie

I am looking for the seat at our store but it wasn't there when I was in on Monday. Not sure what day the truck usually comes mind you.. hopefully it's on this weeks truck, I'm looking forward to playing with it and trying my kids in it.

We got ours yesterday. I sold one today already :)

Shanora

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Trudy....you have to tell me when they get them in the stores here in town!!!!! (Any hints on the colors????)

I just told DH tonight that I was buying this seat for DD for our trip north!

OH whats the Price????? Anyone????

triscuitsmom

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Trudy....you have to tell me when they get them in the stores here in town!!!!! (Any hints on the colors????)

I just told DH tonight that I was buying this seat for DD for our trip north!

OH whats the Price????? Anyone????

$219.99 at TRU/BRU

As for colours Spiral is the pattern at TRU right now. I'd love to know if more are coming (there or anywhere).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC