I now own a MR65

Shanora

Well that sucks. But soon enough we'll meet up!! LOL

Ok Liam is bugging and bugging me to go to TRU (thats what I get for bribbing the kid with a truck if he'll sit in the car seat for me...LMAO!!!!), so I need to go get dressed and I'll be back wih pictures!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't know the measurement off the top of my head and he's so squirmy I doubt I'd get it. :p His torso is in the neighborhood of 15.25 to 15.5" or so based on how he fits seats. He'd be using the 2nd highest slots on the MR, but be just barely above them.
Guess I'll just have to pick one up and try it out! Is he on the 3rd slot in the TF? and is he above the 3rd slots?

Really I'm replying because I'm amused by the smurfs comment though. Where do you find toy smurfs? (In my defense if it's at TRU I work in the baby side, lol)
Most of hers are mine from when I was a kid, so they're anywhere from 20-25 years old! We also bought her a bunch of new ones from a cool, little toy store in Ottawa called Mrs. Tiggywinkles. They've actually never quit making Smurfs, I think they just fell out of popularity in North America so weren't easy to find. I don't believe they are available at TRU so you're in the clear! ;)

triscuitsmom

Sorry for the delay...

I realized once I actually looked at the pics on my computer that it is hard to tell how much more room he got when it was installed. His hair could've been pushed down more, he was not wanting me to touch it :p He definitely did gain more room though... enough that I am convinced he will make it to four rearfacing in it easily, which is my goal anyway.

Him in the seat:

CIMG7468.jpg

Installed with LATCH outboard passenger in a 2006 Pontiac Pursuit (Pontiac G5 in the US I think):

CIMG7469.jpg

Puzzled next to a Radian 65 in the center (with seatbelt installation):

CIMG7470.jpg

I think from what I can tell so far both Judi and I were correct. In her pictures and mine it puzzles really well with the Radian (it was almost like they were made to go like that, it just slid in). But I realized that my troubles the first night were that it was facing the opposite direction of my Radian and in that case the cup holder was in a really bad spot and wouldn't mesh. I'd need to recline the Radian more (keeping the Radian rearfacing, MR65 forward facing in this scenario) and see if that worked if I need them to be like that. In reality though what would happen is rearfacing MR, rearfacing Radian, forward facing Radian in that order if I really needed one forward. It'll be a long time before I have two kids forward facing and in that time who knows what seats I will have :cool: ;)

techie

Guess I'll just have to pick one up and try it out! Is he on the 3rd slot in the TF? and is he above the 3rd slots?

Most of hers are mine from when I was a kid, so they're anywhere from 20-25 years old! We also bought her a bunch of new ones from a cool, little toy store in Ottawa called Mrs. Tiggywinkles. They've actually never quit making Smurfs, I think they just fell out of popularity in North America so weren't easy to find. I don't believe they are available at TRU so you're in the clear! ;)

Correction: We have an entire line of Smurf stuff in the preschool area of TRU. And, some select stores have mini figurines in Imaginarium.

It's coming back.

Shanora

Ok, so I'm not 100% sure how tall Liam is, but according to my siggie he's at least 36" tall (I believe he's taller than that now, I'll measure him in the morning), and he's 35 pounds, oh and he's 4 years old.

Cordelia is about the same as in my siggie she's on the bottom slots WITH the infant insert. Liam was on the 3rd slots.

First my willing participant...
SDC10430.jpg

Then my not so willing participant (although the bribe to buy a new truck helped...lol)

SDC10432.jpg

Lots of growing room here
SDC10433.jpg

And still about an inch of growing room here....maybe 1.5 inches???
SDC10434.jpg

And now some geeky pictures....lol

I'm loving the 3 different strap lengths...Cordelia was on the smallest setting, and had Liam on the longest setting (not sure what the manual states about them, as there was no manual attached to the seat)
SDC10435.jpg

Oh and a picture of a partially naked seat -couldn't get the cover off to peek at the bottom of the seat (and Cordelia was climbing things *sigh* 9 months is too young to be climbing things!)

SDC10436.jpg

And then a full view of the seat
SDC10437.jpg

So my order has been placed for Sonata....I will take pictures when it comes in....I'm really excited about this seat!!

Which means I don't need to move Liam out of his MA anytime soon!

triscuitsmom

It's funny how different kids fit in the same seat at the same size... Tobias is solidly over the fourth harness slot and is the same general height and weight as Liam.

For the harness length I believe it's slot 1 and 2 goes all the way in, slot 3 in the middle, and slot 4 and 5 all the way out. It definitely has a set one for each one :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see pictures of Sonata :thumbsup:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Correction: We have an entire line of Smurf stuff in the preschool area of TRU. And, some select stores have mini figurines in Imaginarium.

It's coming back.
Cool. Must be because of us; we don't follow the trends, we start them. ;)

This summer, TRU definitely did not have Smurfs from fall '07 - summer as that's the timeframe we've been looking for additions to my >20 year old collection. I just hope that TRU has the original Schleich Smurfs made in Germany because I noticed there are now these crappy Smurfs by Jakks Pacific which are Made in China.

triscuitsmom

:eek: Tobias is nowhere near 40" and he is over the fourth slot for sure.

How does one measure torso height accurately. I only have a soft tape measure. I always thought he had a short torso. :confused: Now I feel I need to know his measurement lol!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
:eek: Tobias is nowhere near 40" and he is over the fourth slot for sure.
I just picked up a MR and the 4th slot is where DD would be RF. She's 37.5" tall. Although she's not over the 4th slot, but just at. The seat was in the house though and set up for FF, so we'll have to see when I get it in the vehicle.

Last edited:

Shanora

I just had Liam sit agains a wall (bum against the wall), marked where the top of his shoulder was, and then measured with my soft measuring tape. I did the same thing with his height. Heals right against the wall, and marked the wall at the top of his head

triscuitsmom

I just had Liam sit agains a wall (bum against the wall), marked where the top of his shoulder was, and then measured with my soft measuring tape. I did the same thing with his height. Heals right against the wall, and marked the wall at the top of his head

Perfect :thumbsup: I'll do that!

Shanora

Now the picture I took of him in the MR was on the floor in the RFing setting. I didn't have it installed in my van. As for FFing he'd be on the 4th setting, easily.

triscuitsmom

Now the picture I took of him in the MR was on the floor in the RFing setting. I didn't have it installed in my van. As for FFing he'd be on the 4th setting, easily.

*nods* Tobias is rearfacing still... over the fourth slot. He'd be on the fifth if I flipped him forward facing.

I just measured him and he too is 37.5". Torso height is about 14-14.25" (that was harder than height to measure because he was wiggling lol)

I'm hoping to get at least until his fourth birthday rearfacing and then sometime after that flip him forward. :thumbsup:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm loving the 3 different strap lengths...Cordelia was on the smallest setting, and had Liam on the longest setting (not sure what the manual states about them, as there was no manual attached to the seat)
Looks like it says:

1st setting (shortest) - for slot 1
2nd setting - for slot 2 and 3
3rd setting - for slot 4 and 5

A couple of others things I noticed, the head pillow AND the harness covers can't be used for a child over 40#. I'm a bit irked over the harness covers as they are a saviour from straps digging into the neck. I am not sure how they could cause head injury (like it says in the manual). The head support seems somewhat useless then as it just seems to push my child's head forward. To be honest, I'm not sure it would ever be useful RF and for a tall enough FF, the child would be most likely be over 40#.

Weird wording choices in RF heigh/weight section (page 13 and 14). Page 13 states that an infants less than 22# and unable to walk unassisted MUST be RF (no mention of an age at all). Then on page 14 it states that toddlers who can sit upright unassisted and 22# or greater MAY be FF. So, it looks like if your babe is a toddler, but can not yet walk, but can sit unassisted and is over 22#, then they may FF. But, they have no definition of ages for infant vs toddler.

U.S. mamas have commented that the manual states something about if legs are bent, then they should be moved FF, the Canadian manual does not state this. Only the 1" rule. :thumbsup:

techie

Cool. Must be because of us; we don't follow the trends, we start them. ;)

This summer, TRU definitely did not have Smurfs from fall '07 - summer as that's the timeframe we've been looking for additions to my >20 year old collection. I just hope that TRU has the original Schleich Smurfs made in Germany because I noticed there are now these crappy Smurfs by Jakks Pacific which are Made in China.

The ones our store received were/are Schleich brand. They were/are so cute. There was a smurf in a canoe, an indian Smurf, one with a martini glass, a director .... all awesome!

mommycat

Ooh. look at that harness.... It's like a SafeSeat on steroids. lol Seeing that harness and hearing about the easy adjuster makes me reconsider my choice to reconsider getting this seat. ;P

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC