Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

LuciaBella

I want more experience!!!

I've been a tech since March which has been great, but I want more experience than the once a month check I do here.

Is there somewhere I can post my services to parents? I'm currently working on some preschools.
    Craigslist? Do you guys do private checks? Is it just from word of mouth?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: I want more experience!!!

I gained more experience by working with a local CPST-I. She does checks every weekend, and she invited me to work with her. I learned alot from her many years of experience.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Advocate

I wouldn't suggest doing private checks just yet. Volunteer with your community coaltion. Do community checks when they start up again next year.

Another tech & I do private checks together. Our coalition only runs a check every 2 months & there's so much desire for help that we don't feel we can not do them. We probably do 4-5 a month.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris