Can someone tell me about the Snug seat?

jess

Its a special needs seat with a 5 point harness. I am not sure if this seat is still being made but someone online is offering to sell me a new one. I know nothing aobut this seat so if anyone has heard of it and can tell me what ages and heights its for that would be great. I have a 9 year old boy that we are looking to keep harnessed with a 5 point harness for a while longer so we are looking for a special needs carseat for him. We switched him from his Britax Husky to a booster seat and its not working great for him. He needs more support and something that will hold him in the seat better.

thanks,

Jessica.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Well here's their web-site www.snugseat.com to get you started.

As to the specs of the seat you are thinking of buying, it would depend on what model seat they are offering. There are several Snug-seat models that are discontinued and too old for use. The only current seat they have appropriate for a 9yo is the Traveller Plus which has the same shell as your Husky, but has dual tethers to allow it to go to a higher weight limit. If your child's ears are below the top of the Husky (the TP allows the child's shoulders to be above the top slot) and he is under 105#, it would be an option for you.

If I had more info on the seat you are considering (name, model #, manufacture date) I could give you more info.

If you can also include some more info about your son, I could help direct you to some other option that may work for you. Perhaps a booster seat with a positioning harness (harness does not restrain child in a crash, only help maintain seated position) would be a good option for him.

Attached is a current list of all SN child restraints currently available

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC