Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

Red face Need help remembering which has more leg room..

Doesn't the EFTA offer a little more leg room than the MA? Doesn't every other convertible offer more leg room than the MA, lol...

I have had both, but don't have my EFTA in hand to see. I am thinking of moving DS5 back to the EFTA instead of his MA despite how bad I had the red tabs. DH complains that he "looks" squashed in the MA so I thought I would try my EFTA again.
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Need help remembering which has more leg room..

Yeah, almost anything will offer more leg room than the MA
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Yes, the EFTA offers a TON more leg room for RF over the MA. My son still had plenty of RF leg room in the EFTA at 2 1/2. So, if your DH is complaining that he looks squished in the MA, then deffinatly go for the EFTA. There is a world of difference.
    Here are a few pictures to show it.
    RF leg room in EFTA @ 2 1/2 years old.

RF leg room in EFTA @ 22-23 Months

RF leg room in the MA @ 22-23 Months (same day as the EFTA above)

RF leg room in EFTA @ around 20 months old (notice he has his legs pulled up & they are not actually even touching the seat back)

Hopefully there will help you.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

5. Thank You from:

Thanks! That helps out alot. I am going to have to call my SIL and get her to switch out my EFTA for the MA since her Grandson is only 9mths old.
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

I believe we were told Evenflo will be changing the tabs a bit on the EFTA, not sure when though.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

LuciaBella

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    I believe we were told Evenflo will be changing the tabs a bit on the EFTA, not sure when though.
    Tabs, as in the harness tightening device?! Thank god!

Quote Originally Posted by LuciaBella View Post
    No the red tabs at the top, where the harness moves up & down at the shoulders.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuciaBella View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Marcus View Post
    No the red tabs at the top, where the harness moves up & down at the shoulders.
    It's the ones on the shoulders of the harness. But.... I'd for them to take the Generations65 knobs and button and put it on the EFTA
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Quote Originally Posted by MOM25BOYS View Post
    Thanks! That helps out alot. I am going to have to call my SIL and get her to switch out my EFTA for the MA since her Grandson is only 9mths old.
    You're VERY Welcome. I am glad that that helps you. I know that I am a very visual person, so pictures make a world of difference for me. Plus it really is insane just how much more room the EFTA offers over the MA. However there is one other option. You could go buy a MR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Marcus View Post
    You're VERY Welcome. I am glad that that helps you. I know that I am a very visual person, so pictures make a world of difference for me. Plus it really is insane just how much more room the EFTA offers over the MA. However there is one other option. You could go buy a MR!
    Nah.. had it and hated it. My started to fray just a couple of weeks after getting it so I think I will stick with my EFTA for now until I can get another RNXT.