I think I may have bought my last Britax

Splash

They are getting worse and worse as a company.

I just called about my Boulevards not locking into the upright position (neither of them will, I checked the other as well) and the woman said there is nothing they can do because they are out of warranty. Well, yes, one is solidly out of warranty because we have had it since he was born. But one I have had less than a year. She said unless I can fax my sales receipt proving that I have just bought it, their new policy is that the warranty expires one year from the date of manufacture, NOT when you bought it and NOT when you send the warranty card in.
I told her I've sent seats back to them long after the warranty had expired and they have always replaced them no problem. She said it is not their policy any more (changed in the last few weeks she said) to service any seats after more than one year since the DOM has passed. I told her that I didn't know about the problem because he's been rear facing and there was no need for it to lock, and presumably most people who buy these seats leave them rear facing for some portion of time before turning them around, right? I got a big fat "not our problem" from her.

So now I have two seats, both of which are defective, and the manufacturer refuses to even repair them at MY expense (I asked). She told me to buy a new one. Well if I do it probably won't be from them.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow, not cool. I know plenty of people (ok, at least one, lol) who have sent it back for repair after a year, it's a very common problem. I guess it's time to take your complaint to the better business bureau or NHTSA? Seems like a recall-able issue they could skirt by quietly continuing to fix seats.... :mad:

SPJ&E

I would definitely call back and see what a different rep. says and if you still get that crap, demand a supervisor!

Pacey's Marathon is about 18 months old and they replaced my harness for free last month...didn't give me any problems about it being "out of warranty".

super_grape

If it helps, I have dealt with William, Dennis, and Susan and they have all been GREAT...especially Dennis and William - you could always try asking for one of them.

That is a ridiculous new rule, btw...many retailers have seats in stock for several months before they are purchased so then one may get a few months of warranty and that's it?! What are they thinking?!
C'mon Britax, you can do better than that!
With the new Recaro seat coming out and the
new Radian 80 you would think they would be trying to KEEP customers....guess not!

Splash

On hold with them now... their hold times are killer lately. But hey, it's the first time I haven't got a busy signal! I've been trying to call for a few days.
They better do something about it. I've heard several people having the same problem. It seems like a tight install RF is breaking something in the base. Nice... install it right, and break it.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
On hold with them now... their hold times are killer lately. But hey, it's the first time I haven't got a busy signal! I've been trying to call for a few days.

LOL! You were probably holding while they were talking with me... I just got off the phone to order replacement straps/buckle for our MA. I was getting very frustrated while on hold b/c this is THURSDAY and I have tried contacting them all day Tues and Wed - today is the first time I got a person, and it was my second call (my phone battery went dead b/c I was on hold so long the first time). Anyway, I was just thinking how their cust svc has declined. Then, once I spoke to someone, she actually threw in an EXTRA set of the replacement harness recall (for free) even though I told her we had already replaced it. I was complaining about not getting a snug fit anymore, and she said "let's give you an extra set and you can try those." :p So... I agree - ask for someone else.

mominabigtruck

I agree, definetely complain to a supervisor. I'm still upset from when I called about my rfing lock offs not staying closed and they told me that I should use the latch. Well if I had latch I'd use it, but I don't so that's why I spent $300 on a seat with built in lock offs. I honestly don't know if I would buy another seat from them, I might be persuaded to buy the new recaro their coming out with.

oxeye

Eep!! I have that problem with my old Marathon (DOM 12/03). It's always been like that and I didn't realize it was supposed to lock into position forward-facing until I got the two new MAs a little while ago and they lock into position for forward-facing.

It's not a problem right now as all the seats are RF but my older DD only has 2 more pounds before I need to turn her around.

I guess I'll be calling them in the morning. I just saw in your other post that they did end up replacing the seats. I wonder if I'll be as lucky with a seat that is 3+ years old.

menfusse

I don't get why they only warranty a seat for a year, when it is supposed to be fully functional for 6 years. That makes no sense to me. The seats are supposed to be safe and functional until they expire, but if something messes up....and not locking into upright position is a biggy...they don't wanna fix the problem? Man, it doesn't make any sense at all. I'm glad you finally got the seat replaced though, even if you had to go through heck to do it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC