Would this bother you?

arly1983

To have 1 FFing child in a seat with headwings and the other FFing child in a seat without?

DD has always loved her radian most even more than the XT. When both of them were in Radian65s it never bothered me. :confused:

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Nope, I would be fine with it, as long as I like the seats and fit in the car, etc.

Maedze

LOL, I think you shared a 'this is how you do it' picture eons ago with two seats in the back, and I gave you a hard time then. I'm really super annoying with an elephantine memory, so I decided be a brat :D

arly1983

LOL, I think you shared a 'this is how you do it' picture eons ago with two seats in the back, and I gave you a hard time then. I'm really super annoying with an elephantine memory, so I decided be a brat :D

Yes, you did give me a hard time. I, on the other hand, have a selective memory. :whistle:

(Should I bring up how "someone" used to be all about RF tethering? ;):love: )

Maedze

I still AM. I just think ERF is more important :p

Dang, I wish we could have props and tethers and wells and all those cool doohickeys.

When it comes down to it, I really have a THING for doohickeys/

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It wouldn't bother me as much as, say, one kid in a Marathon and one in an older, filthy AO... Yeah, I saw that once, I'm like, what? How can you stand the ropes, er, I mean harness on that AO compared to the MA? :confused::p

Maedze

Clearly that was a case of simply liking one of the children more than the other :shrug-shoulders: We do something similar. The children have to fight for being the favorite. I rank them daily and the one on the bottom has to ride in a cardboard box on the roof.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have one with wings, and one without...though they are both still rf'ing. But the one with wings is outboard (plus he's heavier and needs the seat braced to reduce over rotation) and the one without is center. I don't know if I could do both outboard and not feel guilty. LOL

IF/WHEN we go FF, it'll likely be the bigger one first and he'll go center in the DC while the littler one would remain rf'ing outboard in the XT. If that became an issue (one rf'ing/one ff'ing) I'd put the one with wings outboard and the one without in the center.

kathysr98

The children have to fight for being the favorite. I rank them daily and the one on the bottom has to ride in a cardboard box on the roof.

Are you my grandmother? Did you take lessons from her? Really, you must have! She has three kids, one she loves, one she hates, and one she ignores! They use to rotate regularly, but Mom hasn't spoken to her in about 7 years, so she on the permanent hate list. It's great!

Joyofbirth

I used to have both of my girls in the same seat. And when I had to change I initally want them to have the same seat, so we went that route, but it didn't work out for us. I realized that my girls have very different needs. So we got them what they needed. It still bothers me a little that everyone doesn't have the same seat. But there isn't one that fits our needs. And after not having what I needed, I'm just grateful to have a seat for everyone that keeps them safe.;) So, short story long, it would bother me a little, but I'd tell myself that it's okay because it fits the need and keeps them safe. If possible though, I'd probably make it so they were both the same. But tha'ts probably just OCD.

emandbri

I was going to ask where the kids were seated as well. I would also do the XT outboard and other in the middle.

I think it might bother me but I have been accused of havng OCD as well.

Morganthe

I used to have both of my girls in the same seat.

I'm impressed. That must have been a very tight squeeze.
Still, the room you had in your vehicle with all that free space. :D
Yay for you!! :2thumbsup:

:duck:
;)
I couldn't resist. Too tempting. Sorry. :eek:

arly1983

I was going to ask where the kids were seated as well. I would also do the XT outboard and other in the middle.

J is in a Frontier in a capt's chair, S is in a CA RFIng in the other capt's chair. C is FFing in a radian65 in the middle of the 3rd row.

Clearly that was a case of simply liking one of the children more than the other :shrug-shoulders: We do something similar. The children have to fight for being the favorite. I rank them daily and the one on the bottom has to ride in a cardboard box on the roof.

Are you my grandmother? Did you take lessons from her? Really, you must have! She has three kids, one she loves, one she hates, and one she ignores! They use to rotate regularly, but Mom hasn't spoken to her in about 7 years, so she on the permanent hate list. It's great!

I'm impressed. That must have been a very tight squeeze.
Still, the room you had in your vehicle with all that free space. :D
Yay for you!! :2thumbsup:

I think I just cracked a gut laughing at you 3! :D

Maedze

On a more serious note, I understand what you're saying.

Right now, the littles are riding rear facing in the My Ride and the Big is forward facing in the Complete Air, because I just had to move the Nautilus up to the top slots, and he's in that awkward stage where the seat belt guides are practically on top of his head. So I'm moving him until he grows another inch or so.

That being said, having a Dorel seat in the back and two Gracos in the middle is making me seriously twitchy. :duck:

Kat_Momof3

it wouldn't bother me... but then I had one child ff in a Marathon while I had another rf in just a scenera... it didn't bother me because I was doing the best I could for the kids... keeping the older one in a harness, and the other one rf...

otherwise, I would have had 2 in boosters and one rf in a MA again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC