BLVD messed up!!!!

aclayton74

UPDATE POST #14

Please take a look at my BLVD that was has a DOM of 3/2009 bought in July and was used for 2 months and sitting in my closet for the last month. I went to put my new cover on it today and look at the black piece shouldn't it be flat?? Please let me know I can't find another pic of another BLVD to compare it to. I will need to call Britax if it not right. Thanks

Last edited:
ADS

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Another poster had the same problem a few months ago. Not sure what the outcome was. I have noticed mine has started to get caught a few times and I have moved it up and fixed it before any damage had happened. But I do remember the other poster's seat was damaged like yours. I believe she was going to contact Britax about it.

aclayton74

I just called Britax and had to send them pictures of the seat. So now I will sit and wait. I am not sure what they will do.

jujumum

This is normal and happens. Crank the head rest all the way up so that the black flat part flattens out, and make sure that the lip of the black flat part doesn't catch on the ridge when you crank it back down. Do this asap before the plastic starts to warp.

LP Mom

You adjusted the headrest without keeping the plate away from the adjuster mechanism so the plate bent. I usually stick my hand behind the cover and hold the plate while adjusting the headrest because I had read about this. You can feel it if it starts to bend. I would get a new one from Britax.

aclayton74

This is normal and happens. Crank the head rest all the way up so that the black flat part flattens out, and make sure that the lip of the black flat part doesn't catch on the ridge when you crank it back down. Do this asap before the plastic starts to warp.

It is already warped and it sat in the closet for over two weeks like this waiting for a new cover. So it is entirely my fault and I feel like an idiot.

Last edited:

Mingie

CPST Instructor
It is already warped and it sat in the closet for over two weeks like this waiting for a new cover. So it is entirely my fault and I feel like an idiot.

I don't think this is your fault so don't be too hard on yourself. This shouldn't happen and it does so I think it is a flaw of the seat. Let us know what Britax says about it after the pictures.

jujumum

It's not you! It's a stupid design and the manual should mention it under the warnings. I only found out by accident, too.

Call Britax. IMHO, they owe you a new seat.:twocents:

aclayton74

Thank you ladies you made me feel better!! I called Britax today talked with Daphne emailed pictures to her and she is supposed to call me back and take it from there.

oxeye

Totally not your fault! IMO there is a huge design flaw for that to be able to happen at all.

I am curious to see what Britax does. There is no question in my mind that they should send you a new seat.

aclayton74

I just got off the phone with Britax and they are sending me out a new seat today or tomorrow (depending on UPS)!!!!! They are going to email me a shipping label for the old seat and I can use the box that the new one comes in to mail back the old one. Best of all is that my BLVD was a Meghan and well I swapped that cover on here so they said they will take back the naked seat and then asked me if I wanted another Meghan or a different cover. So I choose Huntington. I am so happy. I wasn't expecting a new seat I just wanted mine fixed.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Good to hear. This might have happened to me except I could feel the resistance so I stopped and lifted the cover. I am glad they replaced the seat:thumbsup:

aclayton74

Good to hear. This might have happened to me except I could feel the resistance so I stopped and lifted the cover. I am glad they replaced the seat:thumbsup:

Now that I think back I did feel the resistance and didn't pay attention to it and stuck it in the closet like that for almost 3 weeks. Well now I know better I am just happy they are going to replace it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC