Ds2's *new* seat

christineka

The requirements are that the child be: 30 pounds, 34 inches tall, and over age 1.

coscorequirements.jpg

Ds meets that at 30 pounds, 35 inches tall, and age 2. I'm so glad he's big enough for a booster. It sure is easier to buckle. It will be much easier this winter to not have to bother with straps when ds wears his gigantic, puffy coat. ;)

bcosco.jpg

Dd wanted to try out the new seat too. She's 31 pounds, 38 inches tall, and 4 yo.

kcosco.jpg

*This is a freecycle seat and I only picked it up to try out my older kids in it. I was thinking about buying some of these when on sale to keep around for just in case for my older kids. I don't know that I like the seat enough. It seems really flimsy.

Oh- and just to make sure- I really would not let those two pictured kids ride in a backless booster or any booster. They don't wear poofy coats in the car either.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ugh, I hate that seat sometimes. Usually when parents with kids that size come to BRU looking for seatbelt covers and neck pillows to make up for the fact that it rubs on their neck and offers no sleep support....for their TWO year olds! Ugh.

judesmommy

Over one huh?? I don't understand why it is legal for them to put that on the stickers?? Shouldn't it say over 4 and 40lbs?? Or is it expired? I've never really taken a close look at boosters yet... because were not to that point.... but do alot of boosters have stickers like this on them?? The other day I was at walmart and saw a lady getting a backless booster like that for little boy who looked about 3 and getting a FF only seat like the summit for a 1 year old. :O ! I wish I had known what to say but I freaked and I was just shocked...

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Over one huh?? I don't understand why it is legal for them to put that on the stickers?? Shouldn't it say over 4 and 40lbs?? Or is it expired? I've never really taken a close look at boosters yet... because were not to that point.... but do alot of boosters have stickers like this on them?? The other day I was at walmart and saw a lady getting a backless booster like that for little boy who looked about 3 and getting a FF only seat like the summit for a 1 year old. :O ! I wish I had known what to say but I freaked and I was just shocked...

There is no law (in most states) requiring children to be 4y/40# to be in a booster. Best practice is not the same as minimally legal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC