Safety 1st infant seat-- Need help

courtfrog2

I was working a seat check last weekend and a girl came in with a safety 1st infant seat. DOM was 2008, in fine condition. (Came in forward facing with belt over child though :eek:). Obviously taught her that it's only a RF seat. The child moved up to a Convertible. The lady is pregant also due in a month.

Anyways... My question.

Does anyone have a safety 1st infant seat, if so, can you either send me a picture of the back (Where the hip are of the straps are). None of us could figure out how to rethread it correctly. Apparently the grandma washed the cover and couldn't put it back together. (Yep... child was also riding with the straps not fully connected!! :eek:)

We kept the seat, but told her we'd give it back after we figure out how to rethread them. It's like an "S" hook??? This seat is safe, no recalls, they bought the seat new, etc. I believe her that the grandma took it apart and didn't know how to fix it.

Please help!!!

ADS
L

LuciaBella

Can you find the manual online? I just had to deal with one of these also. it's basically backwards because there is no harness yoke. You thread the "s" hooks through the appropriate harness slots, then down where the hips are. They slide into a little holder. HTH

courtfrog2

The paperwork is in the office and the SK director is on vacation all week. I just wanted to be prepared for when she comes back. If you could send me your seats DOM and model # I can look the manual up.

crunchierthanthou

I have some pictures. I just took a video of how to do it, too. As soon as I recharge my batteries, I'll upload those. :)

alright, here's the picture. I just need to process and upload the video.

harnessconnectors.jpg

and a video. it's a bit shaky, but that's what you get with a 4 year old videographer. :eek: -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9tbZMYyLqM"]YouTube- safety 1st harness[/ame]

of course, for anyone else looking for how to change these, the manual just shows the leave the S clip in place and thread it with the straps, the same as you would when changing a crotch buckle position on most seats. :shrug-shoulders:

Last edited:

courtfrog2

I have some pictures. I just took a video of how to do it, too. As soon as I recharge my batteries, I'll upload those. :)

Please post when you can! We'll be doing the actual rethreading next week when my director gets back from Rome... (How come she can go to Rome??) LOL.

Thanks! I'm certain the manual just posted is the correct one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC