Three year old on a school bus - what do I need to know?

cande

One of my twins will go to a morning blended or a special day preschool program through the local school district and the school district will then transport her via bus to where her sister is at (Montessori preschool with extrended care) for the remainder of the day. She is 36 1/2" and 31 pounds and mild to moderate low tone. She rides fine in a Nautilus.

Our IEP is in a couple of weeks to finalize everything.

What do I need to know/ask/demand in terms of how she is secured in the bus? Is there some sort of harness, etc that is better than others? (can I say how nervous this makes me??? My LO being driven across town while I am at work...)

TIA
C and E
12/01

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Does the bus have child safety systems on it?

Just so you know, what may be on the bus, this is the Safeguard Star. Similar to the Go, but for a bus.
Safeguardstar2.jpg

With a doll.
Safeguardstar.jpg

Here is the built in seats.

Safeguardbuiltinseat2.jpg

Both of these are good choices.

Now this one, sorry, can not remember the name right now, is not as easy to use. I would not use it, if there is another choice.

IMG_9845.jpg

momtoirs

I put my preschool students on the bus daily using built-in seats (not the Safeguard ones in the picture), STAR seats, and BESI vests. By far, my (and my co-worker's) favorite are the STAR seats. Our built-in's only fit our smaller students well and are frequently not working well (don't tighten). The vests take a bit longer and aren't always a good fit for a given student. Of the 3 options, I see the most correct use from the STAR seats, as well as the best fit across our differently sized and shaped kids.

Tina

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC