anyone used a Sit'n'Stroll

santasgirl

my sister is going to france with her 1yo and was interested in this but i have never seen one being used or know if it is worth it
so any info and pics would be great!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Gah, no. Kristi Yamaguchi used to use one (I saw her shopping once, and me being the carseat nut that I am noticed her SnS first, then who was pushing it).

It has a horribly tiny shell, low weight limits (30 pounds rear facing, 40 pounds forward), low top slots (like 13", my newborn has a 9" torso), and is hard to install. It also doesn't switch modes very easily. It's wide, it's heavy.

For Laine for travel I have a Safety 1st Avenue and a Traveling Toddler. I'm just going to strap her seat to my luggage for the airport. She could even ride in it if she wanted to. Viola. No checked luggage and a lightweight carseat going with us. It's far narrower, has a taller shell and higher rear facing weight limits, taller top slots, costs a LOT less, and will last a lot longer. We're also going to Europe, and we'll be using this setup.

Have her check what airline she's flying on. A lot of European carriers do not allow children to rear face on their planes. Which is annoying for us as British Airways has a direct flight from Seattle to London, but as Laine would have to be forward facing at eight months it's not an option for us.

Wendy

julia94115

I've used a SnS for the past two years with my now two year old daughter. I've LOVED it. She is very tall (37 plus inches) for her age and I think our trip last week will be the last time we will be able to use it. It IS a pain to use long term as a carseat as you have to buckle the child into the car seat and then buckle the car seat belt OVER the child and seat. But for the occasional car use, it serves it's purpose. I've not had a problem switching modes, from carseat to stroller and back and I get some pretty good stares from people at the airport with my futuristic looking contraption. We travel both internationally and nationally frequently and I have preferred using the SnS to our CARES or other options.

vonfirmath

Here's a picture of what I did on my last trip (september 2009). I needed a REAL Stroller on the other end and would not want to be installing and uninstalling a car seat to use as a stroller. So this enabled me to not have to buy a special car seat just for the trip, and to have both a stroller and a car seat on the other end.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schrefflerfamily/4047433519/
4047433519_b229594053_b.jpg

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I owned one for a few hours and hated it so much that I returned it. I could NOT get an acceptable install rear-facing.

I also helped a woman with one and she decided it was such a pain that she was just going to travel with her infant seat instead.

It's a great concept but it doesn't translate well into real life, IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC