baby jogger mini or micro?

cookie123

I ran over my stroller last week - DH thinks I did it on purpose! But alas, it's not true. I was looking at the citi mini today, and it might be a little bigger than what I would need. Has anyone seen the micro IRL? What are the big differences.

Also, Dh was with me when we were looking at strollers, and then tells me that, oh, he can get me a baby jogger, a BOB or some other brand at cost I can't remember right now, since they carry them at the bike shop. What! He has never mentioned this! How could he never mention this! Then he says I should have looked at their website.

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

If you don't need the recline or shade of the BJCM, I'd go for a Micro. I got one a couple of weeks ago and it really is a bare-bones mini. I can grab some pictures tomorrow if it'd be helpful. The only huge difference is the shade size. While the Micro shade is smaller, it's still substantial enough for most situations.

cookie123

Thanks. So is the stroller itself not any smaller? Or the wheels? Does the mini have any recline at all? I do like the kiwi color of it, not that that is all important!

lovinwaves

The wheels are smaller, so if you plan on taking it outside much then I would go ahead and spring for the Mini. Also, it doesn't recline as much, and of course the shades don't cover the child as much.

As far as I know though, it's on the same frame and holds the same weight :)

SavsMom

The wheels are smaller on the Micro - it has a 6 inch front wheel and an 8 inch rear wheel.
The recline is minimal - but for an older infant or toddler it is adequate.
The sunshade doesn't provide the coverage that the shade on the mini does, but it still does a good job.
I have had my Micro for about 2 months now and love love love it - it pushes like a dream and for the money its a great stroller. I think Baby Jogger did a good job in making a stroller for less money :)

cookie123

I'm not planning on jogging, and wondered if anyone uses it for other things! I would be using it for the same stuff as you.

Meg

We just got a Mini and we love it! :thumbsup: My 3 year old recently outgrew his other strollers, so we needed something new. I love it for shopping and it's great for sitting him in there during my Dr. appts too. We went on a long, hilly 4 mile walk yesterday on a mix of sidewalks, road, and bridge and the stroller moved so smoothly on all the surfaces. It's by far my favorite stroller I've ever owned.

Also, the easy one-handed closure is amazing. I had such issues closing and lifting my other strollers in and out of the car with my big, pregnant belly, but the Mini is a breeze. The basket underneath was also much roomier than I expected and there is another mesh bag that goes along the backside of the seat that holds a lot too. The only that was missing for me was a cupholder, but I plan on buying one this week.

Last edited:

cookie123

Well, what do I know? It LOOKS like a jogging stroller. I thought that was what it was meant for and was worried I'd look like a dumb ole gramma pushing it around.

MySillyKids

The only that was missing for me was a cupholder, but I plan on buying one this week.

You'll love LOVE the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Stroller-Accessory-Buggy/dp/B000SMWUPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1257858997&sr=8-1"]sunshine kids Buggy buddy[/ame] I have two for both of my Baby Jogger city mini's. I need to get a 3rd one for my BJ elite single.

keri1292

Well, what do I know? It LOOKS like a jogging stroller. I thought that was what it was meant for and was worried I'd look like a dumb ole gramma pushing it around.

Nope, wheels are way too small. My mini is my do it all stroller. You can find me pushing it with my left and eating bon bons with my right. It is a great stroller for walking, but it's not designed for jogging. So don't worry Grandma, you'll look just like the rest of us BJCM lovers. :thumbsup:

LuvMyCharlie

Hmm...I guess those PDF specs explain why DS can sit in the Micro just fine, but the sunshade on the Mini smacks him in the head every.single.time. The seated height maximum on the Micro is bigger. Actually the Micro is bigger in several areas. Wierd.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I'm not planning on jogging, and wondered if anyone uses it for other things! I would be using it for the same stuff as you.

The city mini and city micro are NOT jogging strollers and not safe to use as one. Just wanted to let you know :thumbsup:

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I have the city mini double and :love::love::love::love::love: it!!

We use it for the zoo, the park, going on walks when its colder and nobody wants to actually walk :rolleyes:..... and it's best use- disney world!!!!

lovinwaves

Aw, yeah, it is confusing, eh?

The Mini can be used for just about everything :) Except of course jogging, and taking it off road in rough conditions (sticks, mud, sand, gravel, etc...)

Here are some things that make a stroller a "true" jogging stroller...

Large wheels. The larger the wheels the better.

Fixed Handlebar

Fixed Frontwheel (the exception would be the BOB where the front wheel locks forwards)

Suspension. If they are going to be 'off-road' a bit, then the suspension will really be important. Also keep in mind though that some people don't like that squishy, givey feel of a lose suspension. Make sure the suspension can be tight enough to fit the joggers preference.

Tires. Thinner tires are good for road, or solid paved paths. Look for a more rugged, thicker, pokier :)p) tire for off-road.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC