Maclaren Stroller Recall Coming

veggiegirl228

Yeah you have to be careful with some of the Ebay sellers since they remove the serial number on the stroller itself. In the book or manual it was on the front cover for the serial number. But as PP have stated I don't think they'll press the issue to hard.

ADS

teekadog

It didn't look like the serial number had been removed from the stroller or manual... it just wasn't there. I can't find proof that I mailed in the registration but that is SO not like me... I submit my request for hinges anyway without a vin but haven't heard back. I do know my stroller is pre-2007 so I hope I don't need a vin.

Thanks for your help!

Mylilboyblue

We received the hinge covers at work.

ZOMG. They are these ugly triangular pieces of black cloth that you are to zipper and button around each side of the hinge. You should see the way they look on the gray and colorful strollers. I really can't believe that they couldn't come up with a better solution for this. Also, the hinge covers are dated September 29, 2009. Guess they have been planning this for a while. Really it IS common sense to be careful when folding and unfolding the stroller. I hurt my finger bad in my Chicco umbrella a few years back because I wasn't careful.

ForSale006-1.jpg

Here they are. They are the same for every stroller on the recall list. Doubles have a pack of three of these.

teekadog

Thanks for posting the pic. How quickly did you get them? I submit my request on Wednesday, minus a vin #, and have yet to hear anything. I was under the impression that if you provided an email address you would get an email confirmation from them asap.

I'm not scared to use my Volo without the covers, but I don't want to fall through the cracks and be :shrug-shoulders: if I ever try to resell without the recall upgrade, yk?

AtTheSouthDam

So you're saying they are going to look realy, really bad on my Turkish blue mod, right? Ugh. Well, I'll put them with the rain cover I never use so they are there when I attempt to sell it..

LM4M

CPST Instructor
If you think they look hideous laying on the table, wait till you see them on the stroller. UGLY. I put them on and took them right back off. I don't let my kids assist with folding the stroller, so I think we should be safe. :twocents:

Going to put them back on and take pictures now.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Notice with these covers attached, your stroller no longer reads "maclaren". You now have either a "ma" or a "en", depending on which side youre looking at. :rolleyes: Top two pics are with a green/grey quest, bottom two are of black w/ grey squares mod quest.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

ginny4

that is really tacky especially with the gray stroller. the black doesn't look as terrible. unfortunately i have a light gray & orange. yeah that'll look great NOT

Rosey

So the issue is with unfolding the stroller, correct? I unfold with kids in the car or far away. I think mine will be stored with the other accessories until resale. And the recall encompasses how many years and models while only 8 kids were injured? (Not that any child should be injured, but in the grand scheme the risk seems low).

veggiegirl228

That is not what I was expecting at all. This might not look to bad with the charcoal grey I have but I also have the coral pink cover. I sent in the request via their site on Monday night and yet to receive them. I might just put them in the box so I have it when I go to sell the stroller. I don't unfold/fold it very often (only when going to a big place where a stroller is needed, i.e. disneyland)

Last edited:

LM4M

CPST Instructor
It is my understanding (from inspecting the problem area, and then opening and closing many times :rolleyes:) that the pinching issue would be when unfolding the stroller. There is a spot there with the metal bar and the black plastic holder that it fits into, where a finger could easily fit and be smashed, or worse, obviously.

I think it would be very unlikely that during folding the stroller up that a finger could get caught. If you have one of these, you know how to fold it. Lift up with your foot in the back, then use foot to push lever down. Then youre pushing handlebars forward towards the floor until it locks. I don't see how a kid would be following the stroller from standing position to the floor until the finger was smashed, IMO.

I do see, however, how you could be opening it and the child could either grab it or start to get it (grabbing the side for bracing) before it actually did its final clicking into the full open position. :twocents:

FWIW: I will not be using the covers.

veggiegirl228

Has anyone else received their covers? I filled out the info via their site on the 9th in the pm and haven't received it yet (I did get an email to show it went through)? FWIW I don't plan on using them but I do want them in the box with the rain cover and extra cover so I don't lose it.

ginny4

i just got mine. i believe i ordered them on the day the news release came out? they aren't as hideous on my stroller as i thought they'd be. the black goes with the mesh rectangular area of my orange volo. i'll leave them. no biggie.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC