Maclaren Stroller Recall Coming

ADS

ginny4

oh no. can't remember if i registered the stroller or not. i'll be sure to get the "fix" tho. thanks for the heads up

hsjwmom

Shoot! It says to discontinue use until you get your hinge cover. I use my Quest all. the. time. Looks like I'll have to break out our Chicco c1 I was about to sell...

ajay

I'm not sure what the recall is for? If you put your fingers in anything while it's hinging closed, they can get cut off. Is it dangerous in and of itself or just when someone is closing it and gets a finger caught in it?

BabyGearCollector

Saw this on the stroller group I belong to. I've got two 2000 model Macs in my collection (love the older classic plaid models :)) so probably will get the kits for them both in case I should need to sell them for some reason.

Dave

rochelle

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=104509

"Description: This recall involves all Maclaren single and double umbrella strollers. The word “Maclaren” is printed on the stroller. The affected models included Volo, Triumph, Quest Sport, Quest Mod, Techno XT, TechnoXLR, Twin Triumph, Twin Techno and Easy Traveller.

Sold at: Babies“R”Us, Target and other juvenile product and mass merchandise retailers nationwide from 1999 through November 2009 for between $100 and $360.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using these recalled strollers and contact Maclaren USA to receive a free repair kit.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Maclaren USA toll-free at (877) 688-2326 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s Web site at www.maclaren.us/recall"

L

lifelong

the VIN number on my techno is now illegible. I submitted the web form anyways. Let's hope they ship me the hinge cover to fix the problem even though I was unable to supply a VIN.

veggiegirl228

if you have your book the vin number is on there. It told me about 5-7 days I should have the hinge kit when I did it online via their website.

mominabigtruck

Hmm, I guess I'm a bad parent because I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, I get the whole amputation thing but hypothetically couldn't that happen on any stroller because they have to lock into place somehow:confused: I guess I'm just one of those crazy parents that make their kids stay in the vehicle until the stroller's out and then don't fold it until the kids are back in so they would have no reason to be hanging onto the stroller when I fold it anyways.

veggiegirl228

No way you are a bad parent! 99% of the time the stroller is left open as we don't use it outside of the house that much. I'm only ordering the part b/c at one point I'm going to sell it. It really is a parental thing, why would someone have their kids right there as they are opening and closing the stroller up where there child gets hurt?

teekadog

I just went to look for my vin # and couldn't find it and it wasn't in my manual either. I bought my Volo new from a 3rd party off ebay in 2006 and now I'm wondering if that was a really bad idea. I guess I won't do that again :doh:

rochelle

I just went to look for my vin # and couldn't find it and it wasn't in my manual either. I bought my Volo new from a 3rd party off ebay in 2006 and now I'm wondering if that was a really bad idea. I guess I won't do that again :doh:

My BIL bought his Volo off Ebay too. You can just take a photo of your volo and mail it in with the form if you want to. Frankly, I am sure Maclaren would just send you the hinge kit even without the VIN or any other proof.

momtoirs

We have a Volo at my job and we put our office person in charge of handling the recall. She asked me when we had gotten the stroller. I think she said that she only needed a number if it was purchased after a certain date (2007?), so if yours is 2006 or earlier, it might not have a number.

I haven't ordered our kits yet (we have 2 Volos -- same as the one at work -- Target had a good clearance that year!), so I can't say for sure on the info above, but that's what I've heard.

Tina

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC