Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Double stroller that fits Chicco Keyfit

I have a Chicco Keyfit that I love.

I have a 1 month old DD & a 3 year old DD who still needs to ride in a stroller for longer outings. Most of our outings are shopping related.

I bought a baby trend sit n stand double. I tried it with the carseat in the store and thought it would work. When I got it home, I found the straps aren't long enough to secure the carseat on the stroller.

Are there any double strollers that are compatible with my keyfit?

Thanks!

Amy

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Double stroller that fits Chicco Keyfit

I hear that baby jogger are coming out with one in January! That would be for a side by side stroller though.

The Chicco keyfit is listed as compatible with the Joovy Ultralite. http://www.joovy.com/pages/carseat_ultralight.htm hover over the car seat name to see an image.

The green one is on sale at amazon.com for $199.

I believe the Kolcraft Contours double stroller fits, but isn't on the official list because it doesn't click in place. It still fits snugly though and you're supposed to use the strap over it anyway.
    Registered Nurse, BSN and Mommy to
    A ~ FF in Recaro Probooster, 8
    J ~ FF in Radian 80, 5
    B ~ FF in Radian XTSL, 3
    A ~ Keyfit 30, 1

Carseat Crazy

Zooper Tango!

Best double on the market....pricey but a dream in every way... why people buy the Peg Perego over this is beyond me.

Look on your local Craigslist...search "Zooper" and see if anyone's selling one if you don't want to buy new. The MSRP is around $500 but AlbeeBaby has them for $299 whch IMO is very good considering the Graco's are around $250.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db_7JAfLNWk"]YouTube- Zooper Tango Double Stroller[/ame]

They fit almost all car seats on one side and come with a UV ray cover, rain cover and winter boot...fold in a flat way like the "Aria" and this stroller actually works unlike the Peg... I love the Graco double just not the front seat...I love everything about it but a toddler can't sleep well in the front and if you put the car seat in the front they will usually bother the baby in my experience..all kids are different though.

I have worked as a nanny for 8 years and i've usd every double I can think of but the Zooper was by far my favorite. Fits lder kids well too and their feet don't drag on the floor like most others.

CPS Technician

I have the Kolocrat contours double and my Keyfit 30 fits fine. The metal bars are rubbing off the sticker but it fits in there.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorldNanny View Post
    Zooper Tango!

Best double on the market....pricey but a dream in every way... why people buy the Peg Perego over this is beyond me.
    Really? I mean, i know that everyone has a different view of 'awesomeness', but The Zooper?

OP, i HIGHLY suggest a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. The seat backs lay flat for newborns. I had my DD out of her carseat, and in the stroller at a couple of days old. (i don't like to keep my kids in their carseat while pushing a stroller) I got a snuzzler to keep her nice and soft, and comfy.

baby jogger DOES make an infant seat adapter for the mini too.

I use my Phil & Teds with the KF30 often. I could never switch to a side-by-side stroller now.

Carseat Crazy

Chicco is releasing a double tandem stroller that will probably hit market around April.

I have the initial version of the single Kolcraft Contours. DD1 outgrew the seat by the time she was 2 1/2. I'll have to check out the doubles version and see if the seat will handle a taller child.

I have to have the option of using the infant seat. DD2 has reflux so she has to rest at an angle. If she's not in her carseat while we are out, I carry her vertically in a ring sling. She could not lay flat at this point.

I'll check into the Phil N Teds and the Zooper. I wish the Chicco double was coming out sooner! I need something before our massive family shopping trip over Thanksgiving weekend.