Chest clip issues....

mommycat

Could you put something under the chest clip, to cushion it a bit.

This was going to be my suggestion. I was thinking something along the lines of a small section of memory foam. It certainly made my very hard mattress a dream to sleep on so it should take some load off the pressure points. You would probably want to use a much thinner piece than my mattress pad, but it might help, if you want to find a way to keep the chest clip. When you take her out of the seat, do you see any marks on her skin from the clip? I am wondering if maybe it looks more uncomfortable than it is is. She looks like she is really interested in the pattern on the MyRide! :)

ADS

Shaunam

When you take her out of the seat, do you see any marks on her skin from the clip? I am wondering if maybe it looks more uncomfortable than it is is. She looks like she is really interested in the pattern on the MyRide! :)

I didn't pull the straps tight enough to see if it would hurt her. :eek: She doesn't respond to pain like other kids. She can be in a lot of pain and not say anything. I've found bruises on her back from her spine pressing against her chair and she never even cried. I haven't put her in the seat yet so I haven't tried any of the suggestions. I did have to put her in the EFTA today and I just put the chest clip low. The straps stayed on just fine even in that seat so I'm not very concerned about it.

mommycat

That's great that the straps stay put.

I am always amazed at little people who go through a lot without so much as a peep. They really do have amazing resilience and strength and just take life as it comes at them. I love your pictures of Charlie that you post because almost always she looks like she is smiling at you. :)

Shaunam

We finally went for a ride today. I took off the chest clip and the straps stay on perfectly. I rolled prefolds and wedged them in beside her just in case she decided to slump. I was able to get her straps nice and tight. :thumbsup: Please excuse her hair, I had not brushed it yet (still haven't actually :eek: ).

nochestclip.jpg

I would probably not feel comfortable with this if she was ff'ing, but rf'ing I feel she's very safe.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think that that's the right solution in this case. The straps look fine to me. And, well, you do the best you can, and that's all you can do. :twocents:

Maedze

I think it looks excellent, and it makes me wish for the upteenth time that all chest clips everywhere would spontaneously combust.

Shaunam

I think it looks excellent, and it makes me wish for the upteenth time that all chest clips everywhere would spontaneously combust.

I agree. It's so much easier putting her in the car, without worrying that the darn thing is gouging her in the back. :rolleyes:

Louisa

CPST Instructor
looks like you solved your issue, but i just wanted to say that your daughter is adorable and looks great in the MyRide!

I think i will definitely check it out for one of my SN clients

fyrfightermomma

Take it off and make sure the straps don't fall off her shoulders (we had to try a few seats to find one that didn't)

We haven't used a chest clip since surgery in the main car and I've never looked back.

Shaunam

Yes it is a wonderful fit and even more impressive is that Charlie has VERY narrow shoulders. It's hard to see from pics that she's actually so small, but if you look at the pic in my OP, and compare her head to her shoulders....remember that she is very, very microcephalic. Her head is more than 3 standard deviations below the curve...maybe 4 now. Her head is about the size of a 4 month old's. So compare the rest of her body to THAT. Her shoulders are teeny tiny.

Mommy2Marcus

SO glad that you found a solution that helps. She looks SO snug & cozy in that seat without the clip. I also have to add that she is precious. You're an amazing momma!

Kat_Momof3

Yes it is a wonderful fit and even more impressive is that Charlie has VERY narrow shoulders. It's hard to see from pics that she's actually so small, but if you look at the pic in my OP, and compare her head to her shoulders....remember that she is very, very microcephalic. Her head is more than 3 standard deviations below the curve...maybe 4 now. Her head is about the size of a 4 month old's. So compare the rest of her body to THAT. Her shoulders are teeny tiny.

but that's also what makes the Myride the perfect seat for her... dont' know if you've noticed that the graco seats tend to have closely spaced harness straps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC