I need a three across situation for a Taurus (m)

TheQueenMother

I occasionally am asked to take another 4y/o to school from the sitter's house where I drop off my little one. I drive a 2000 model taurus. The kids are
N, almost 2, 28lbs, rides Rfing
L, almost 5, 43lbs, FFing, harnessed
and K, also almost 5, slightly less weight, but same torso maybe a smidge smaller than L, but taller.
The extra 4y/o and the nearly 2y/o will not be in the car at the same time. The trip is less than 5 blocks in town thru school zones, so I drive less than 30 mph for the entire trip. I know K rides in a booster with his parents but they do not lock the belt and he is pretty wiggley. He could be boostered with no problem from them. As a matter of fact, they have no problem with him just in the seat belt for the trip but I would rather keep him harnessed if possible.
Now that we have covered the kids, the seats I have to work with are:
2 Graco Nautiluses
2 Marathons
1 True Fit
1 EFTA
1 Roundabout that is at a friend's but can come back into play if needed. *Note, N can not RF in the RA, he is too tall.

Yesterday when I got the call that I needed to pick up K, I squeezed a FFing MA between a Rfing MA and a GN. It did install but was really hard to shut the door by the GN. I normally keep the 2 littles both outboard to keep down fusses.
Is there a solution that will work that I am missing?
Thanks
amanda

ADS

myliljunebugs

Are you wanting to buy something or use what you have? My mom has a Sable and it is the same body as the Taurus. She could fit just about anything 3 across if you do it right. Even with a Regent in the mix I can squeeze in 3 across. If you want to buy something what is your budget? If you are wanting to put 3 across with what you have it would probably be easiest with the RF'ing seat in the middle. Have you looked in the Successful 3 Across thread?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We had an 01 Taurus and had no problems, but we had a Radian in the mix. Generally if you 2 ffing outboard or 2 rfing outboard w/ the opposite in the middle it'll usually work pretty well.

steph_s

Ditto I have a Sable too and have gotten 3 across even with a Regent. Actually I had 2 Regents and a RSTV to transport 3 kids once. Granted the child in the middle was most defiantly narrow, but you can really squeeze just about anything back there.

Ditto with the RF child in the middle. I find it much easier if you just get a rf child in the center and the other seats are those that puzzle well with that center seat. I do awesome with a radian in the center (won't instal ff in my car at all so it's sort of stuck rf) with a ma on either side, or even a Regent, rf radian and ff marathon in my back seat. All independent installs, all using seatbelt not latch. For some reason the latch makes it impossible to get all 3 seats in??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC