Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Quick Frontier Question

Today in tech class one of the teachers mentioned that the Frontier has a long belt path. I piped up and said, "Doesn't the Frontier have both a long and a short belt path?" and she said, "No, just the one." And, well, it was embarrassing. But I just searched the forum and it looks like I was right. I want to bring it up on Monday but I haven't actually gotten to play with it myself yet, so I just wanted you guys to confirm it before I look like a jerk. So how many belt paths on the Frontier, for sure?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Quick Frontier Question

uh, two.
    It has the "short" or regular belt path, like all seats have.
    It also has the option to use a long" or "reverse" belt path, which routes the belt over the tops of the sides, rather than through the back.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

Yeah there are 2, if the Frontier didn't have the SBP, it wouldn't fit into my suburban....the LBP, my seatbelt is too short for it.

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011

The Frontier and Regent both have two belt paths, the long one and the short one. The manuals are online on Britax's web site. When you go to class next, take the instructor aside, and tell them that you read the manual online and that there are two belt paths.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

CPS Technician

I thought so! Thanks guys.

CPS Fanatic

You also bring a copy of the manual.