Anyone else find this strange?

L

LuciaBella

http://www.kiddy.de/gb/infinity-pro
Read the description of the impact cushion they speak of. I am shocked!

"Did you know that an impact cushion compared to a 5 point seatbelt system can save the life of your child in case of an emergency?"

Umm...did they know that not putting your 9 month old in a booster seat will also save their life?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
In most of Europe it's common to FF kids at 9 months. The impact cushion isn't a bad thing in itself--and might actually be beneficial if you're going to FF a kid that early. (Certainly not better than RF, though.)

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

We used one with our oldest who was plenty old enough to be FFing IMO but I felt still too small and light and this would reduce injury (3.5 years, 23 lbs, 39"). Jools also used one with her daughter. When you look at the crash tests it's pretty impressive. I think Kiddy is bringing one to the US later on. I feel personally much better having my older lighter child in this vs a 5 point harness. We were no longer willing to RF her any longer for various pesronal and medical reasons. Obviously, 9 months here is not a good idea to forward face, but that's what they do there so I feel it's a better alternative than a harness for over there. They are gonna FF regardless, so atleast use something with less neck load, KWIM? Over here though it doesn't really do much LOL

It doesn't serve much purpose here. If you rear face to 30-35 lbs, you only have 5 pounds before it can't be used. But it's a good niche for those like us who have older lighter kids who we no longer want to RF for various reasons, and don't feel are quite as safe in a harness (we actually used this for sensory issues. My DD can't STAND a harness on her but loves the hugged feeling of this), She wouldn't have outgrown a RFing seat until 7 or 8 so we needed to pick some time to turn her and 3.5-4 was what we picked.

It was also really really nice for cars that were hard to install seats in or we needed a 3 across. Her regular seat at the time was a Radian and a TF. Neither installed well in my parents car and the TF was too wide for 3 across. Our shield used the Start which was a very narrow seat.

It worked perfect for us and I'd love to use it for DD2 but she'll be too big when she's done RFing to use it :( So it sits in our basement. DD1 can't use it anymore cause of her G tube

I'm at work but hopefully someone links the crash tests. Pretty impressive!

Here's a thread with pics of my DD and Jools DD in a impact cushion seat
http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=77758&highlight=start+shield

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC