Sigh...Sending back the xtsl

abigaylebelle

So I have had ds's xtsl for a couple of weeks and it is just not working out. For one thing even though I got a fairly upright install the front passenger seat is not allowed to touch due to advanced airbags so only a very small person can ride there. It seems no matter how hard I try to get the front seat forward the radian will keep reclining until it touches the headrest which again is not allowed. Ds is going to be very disappointed, but the reality is just that he can't use a radian in that car unless it's ff. I refuse to ff him since he's only 2.5 so I guess we'll just have to stick with the roundabout.

ADS

NannyMom

Sorry it's not working out with the Radian. I'm having Radian issues right now too.

He's 2.5 and still fits RF in a Roundabout? Or is it the Roundabout 50?

Pixels

:(

How is he fitting in the Roundabout? He needs to have at least one inch of shell above his head.

I just retired a less-than one year old Radian because it sank into my seat cushions so far that it was over reclined. When I first got it nearly a year ago, it was fine. I got a TrueFit on clearance at Target and while I didn't love it at first, I've had it for a few days now and it's growing on me. The things that bother me are the installation nightmare and the harness adjuster is buried in my car. But I won't need to adjust it very often (it's doable, just not easy) and I won't uninstall it unless I HAVE to. It sits more upright than the Radian and takes up less front to back room in spite of the taller shell.

Calleiah

Yeah, I had to move my Radian this week too. Had it RF in the center of my truck but my cushions were getting more and more compressed and the recline was getting worse and worse. So its behind my seat now. I may put it back in a few months if the cushion rebounds a bit but I doubt I can keep it there.

abigaylebelle

He's in the regular roundabout. I just measured 2.5" above his head with it installed at 35*. I bought the radian because I thought it would be more leg room for him, not because he's out of the ra. Now I guess we'll just see what needs to happen when he outgrows the ra, because honestly I might just turn him then, he'll probably be 3 or more.

armywife12

He's in the regular roundabout. I just measured 2.5" above his head with it installed at 35*. I bought the radian because I thought it would be more leg room for him, not because he's out of the ra. Now I guess we'll just see what needs to happen when he outgrows the ra, because honestly I might just turn him then, he'll probably be 3 or more.

With him having such a short torso, the MyRide should offer him plenty more space above his head and much more leg room. Have you tried how he does in the MyRide?

abigaylebelle

Um I'm bumping this up to ask a related question. What happens to the seat if I return it? Does it go to another lucky little child whose parents' have a more forgiving vehicle? Or does it go completely to waste?
It installs beautifully ff in all three backseat positions so I would just keep it for later if it will be wasted by returning it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC